Somewhat Favorable News Coverage Unlikely to Impact Citizens (CIA) Share Price
News coverage about Citizens (NYSE:CIA) has trended somewhat positive this week, according to AlphaOne. The research group, a division of Accern, identifies negative and positive media coverage by monitoring more than 20 million news and blog sources. AlphaOne ranks coverage of companies on a scale of negative one to one, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Citizens earned a news sentiment score of 0.16 on AlphaOne’s scale. AlphaOne also assigned media stories about the insurance provider an impact score of 27 out of 100, meaning that recent media coverage is unlikely to have an impact on the company’s share price in the near future.
These are some of the news articles that may have impacted AlphaOne Sentiment Analysis’s scoring:
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Khang & Khang LLP Announces Securities Class Action Lawsuit against Citizens, Inc. and Reminds Investors with Losses to Contact the Firm (finance.yahoo.com)
- NYSE Top 20 Trending Companies, April 28 Summary (fxpips.com)
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Pomerantz Law Firm Announces the Filing of a Class Action against Citizens, Inc. and Certain Officers – CIA (globenewswire.com)
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT – Bronstein, Gewirtz & Grossman, LLC Reminds Investors of Class Action Against Citizens, Inc. (CIA) and Lead Plaintiff Deadline: May 15, 2017 (finance.yahoo.com)
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Pomerantz Law Firm Announces the Filing of a Class Action against Citizens, Inc. and Certain Officers – CIA (finance.yahoo.com)
Citizens (NYSE:CIA) traded down 0.70% during mid-day trading on Friday, hitting $7.05. 282,278 shares of the stock traded hands. The company’s market cap is $353.07 million. Citizens has a 12 month low of $6.10 and a 12 month high of $11.93. The stock’s 50 day moving average is $6.95 and its 200-day moving average is $8.75.
COPYRIGHT VIOLATION WARNING: This story was published by American Banking News and is the sole property of of American Banking News. If you are accessing this story on another domain, it was illegally stolen and reposted in violation of United States & international trademark & copyright law. The correct version of this story can be viewed at https://www.americanbankingnews.com/2017/04/29/somewhat-favorable-news-coverage-unlikely-to-impact-citizens-cia-share-price.html.
Citizens, Inc is an insurance holding company. The Company operates in three business segments: Life Insurance, Home Service and Other Non-Insurance Enterprises. The Life Insurance segment issues ordinary whole life insurance in the United States and in the United States Dollar-denominated amounts to foreign residents.
Receive News & Ratings for Citizens Inc. Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Citizens Inc. and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.