Recent Analysts’ Ratings Updates for General Mills (GIS)
A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for General Mills (NYSE: GIS):
- 5/30/2017 – General Mills had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Susquehanna Bancshares Inc. They now have a $59.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $62.00.
- 5/24/2017 – General Mills was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Sales and profits at General Mills’ North America Retail segment, contributing 66% to its sales, have been soft due to lower demand amid changing consumer food preferences. Moreover, the U.S. cereal category has been declining in the recent years, with net sales decreasing 3% in the first nine months of fiscal 2017. Organically, sales growth is expected to drop approximately 4% in fiscal 2017, primarily due to a widening gap between the company's level of promotional activity and that of competitors in the U.S. yogurt and soup categories. Though General Mills is focused on innovation, marketing initiatives and restructuring savings, we believe a material improvement will take time. The company’s shares have also underperformed the Zacks categorized Food-Miscellaneous/Diversified industry year-to-date.”
- 5/24/2017 – General Mills is now covered by analysts at Piper Jaffray Companies. They set an “underweight” rating and a $57.00 price target on the stock.
- 5/19/2017 – General Mills had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG. They now have a $56.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $65.00.
- 5/2/2017 – General Mills was downgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a $57.45 price target on the stock.
- 5/1/2017 – General Mills was upgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $58.98 price target on the stock.
- 4/24/2017 – General Mills was given a new $65.00 price target on by analysts at Royal Bank of Canada. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
General Mills, Inc. (NYSE:GIS) traded down 1.527% during trading on Tuesday, hitting $56.445. 3,197,977 shares of the company were exchanged. General Mills, Inc. has a 12 month low of $55.57 and a 12 month high of $72.95. The company has a market capitalization of $32.52 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 20.913 and a beta of 0.56. The company has a 50-day moving average of $57.06 and a 200-day moving average of $60.28.
General Mills (NYSE:GIS) last issued its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, March 21st. The company reported $0.72 EPS for the quarter, topping the consensus estimate of $0.71 by $0.01. General Mills had a net margin of 10.23% and a return on equity of 35.10%. The firm had revenue of $3.79 billion during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $3.82 billion. During the same quarter in the prior year, the business posted $0.65 earnings per share. General Mills’s revenue for the quarter was down 5.2% compared to the same quarter last year. Analysts forecast that General Mills, Inc. will post $3.06 EPS for the current year.
The business also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Monday, May 1st. Investors of record on Monday, April 10th were given a dividend of $0.48 per share. This represents a $1.92 annualized dividend and a yield of 3.35%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend was Thursday, April 6th. General Mills’s dividend payout ratio (DPR) is 71.64%.
In related news, insider Jonathon Nudi purchased 1,800 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Wednesday, April 12th. The stock was purchased at an average price of $57.45 per share, with a total value of $103,410.00. Following the completion of the transaction, the insider now owns 34,077 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $1,957,723.65. The purchase was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available through the SEC website. Corporate insiders own 1.30% of the company’s stock.
General Mills, Inc is a manufacturer and marketer of branded consumer foods sold through retail stores. The Company is a supplier of branded and unbranded food products to the North American foodservice and commercial baking industries. The Company has three segments: U.S. Retail, International, and Convenience Stores and Foodservice.
Receive News & Ratings for General Mills Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for General Mills Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.