D/B/A Chubb Limited New (CB) – Investment Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Updates
Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of D/B/A Chubb Limited New (NYSE: CB) in the last few weeks:
- 7/18/2017 – D/B/A Chubb Limited New was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Shares of Chubb underperformed the Zacks categorized Property, Casualty and Title industry in the last one year. Exposure to cat loss and escalating expenses raise concerns. Nonetheless, Chubb stands a good chance of taking leadership in the P&C space, benefiting from complementary products and services. Its inorganic growth story is impressive and should help it achieve higher long-term ROE. A strong capital position helped Chubb engage in shareholder-friendly moves and invest in strategic initiatives to drive growth. Notably, the company is on track to achieve annual run-rate integration-related savings of $800 million by the end of 2018. It is set to release its second quarter results on Jul 25. A Zacks Rank #4 combined with an Earnings ESP of 0.40% makes prediction difficult.”
- 7/13/2017 – D/B/A Chubb Limited New had its price target raised by analysts at Citigroup Inc. from $160.00 to $170.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 7/12/2017 – D/B/A Chubb Limited New had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada. They now have a $153.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/6/2017 – D/B/A Chubb Limited New had its “overweight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Morgan Stanley. They now have a $156.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $152.00.
- 7/3/2017 – D/B/A Chubb Limited New had its price target raised by analysts at Barclays PLC from $155.00 to $159.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 6/17/2017 – D/B/A Chubb Limited New was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
D/B/A Chubb Limited New (CB) traded down 0.05% on Tuesday, reaching $145.47. The company had a trading volume of 465,601 shares. The firm has a market capitalization of $67.92 billion, a P/E ratio of 14.33 and a beta of 0.91. D/B/A Chubb Limited New has a 1-year low of $121.48 and a 1-year high of $148.32. The company’s 50-day moving average price is $143.27 and its 200 day moving average price is $137.10.
D/B/A Chubb Limited New (NYSE:CB) last released its quarterly earnings data on Tuesday, April 25th. The financial services provider reported $2.48 EPS for the quarter, beating the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $2.42 by $0.06. The company had revenue of $6.71 billion during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $6.30 billion. D/B/A Chubb Limited New had a net margin of 14.88% and a return on equity of 10.09%. D/B/A Chubb Limited New’s quarterly revenue was up 11.9% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the prior year, the firm earned $2.26 EPS. On average, equities analysts forecast that D/B/A Chubb Limited New will post $10.27 EPS for the current year.
The firm also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Friday, July 21st. Shareholders of record on Friday, June 30th will be issued a $0.71 dividend. This is an increase from D/B/A Chubb Limited New’s previous quarterly dividend of $0.69. The ex-dividend date is Wednesday, June 28th. This represents a $2.84 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 1.95%. D/B/A Chubb Limited New’s dividend payout ratio is presently 28.01%.
In other D/B/A Chubb Limited New news, CEO Evan G. Greenberg sold 69,175 shares of the stock in a transaction dated Tuesday, June 6th. The shares were sold at an average price of $144.73, for a total value of $10,011,697.75. Following the completion of the sale, the chief executive officer now owns 1,360,382 shares in the company, valued at approximately $196,888,086.86. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which can be accessed through this hyperlink. Also, insider John W. Keogh sold 20,999 shares of the stock in a transaction dated Friday, June 16th. The shares were sold at an average price of $147.45, for a total transaction of $3,096,302.55. Following the completion of the sale, the insider now owns 234,103 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $34,518,487.35. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. In the last quarter, insiders sold 166,786 shares of company stock valued at $24,284,656. 0.43% of the stock is owned by insiders.
Chubb Limited is a holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, provides a range of insurance and reinsurance products and services to clients around the world. Its segments include North America Commercial property and casualty (P&C) Insurance, North America Personal P&C Insurance, North America Agricultural Insurance, Overseas General Insurance, Global Reinsurance and Life Insurance.
Receive News & Ratings for D/B/A Chubb Limited New Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for D/B/A Chubb Limited New and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.