Research Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Changes for Procter & Gamble Company (The) (PG)
Procter & Gamble Company (The) (NYSE: PG) has recently received a number of price target changes and ratings updates:
- 7/17/2017 – Procter & Gamble Company (The) had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a $98.00 price target on the stock. They wrote, “Trian has filed a prelim proxy statement to nominate Nelson Peltz to P&G’s Board. While P&G has taken sensible steps to drive shareholder value, results/ TSR have lagged. Mr. Peltz is neither looking to split-up P&G nor replace its current CEO, and specifics behind his plan to improve profitability/ performance still ambiguous. However, we continue to believe his involvement raises the execution bar at P&G, which is supportive of a higher multiple. Trian has launched a campaign to elect Nelson Peltz to P&G’s Board at the company’s 2017 Annual Meeting: Press reports initially surfaced in February of Trian’s $3.3B stake in P&G and the activist is now going public after four months of discussion with the company failed to land Mr. Peltz a seat on the Board. Perhaps even more noteworthy than the areas where Mr. Peltz is looking to be an agent for change (i.e. excessive cost, bureaucracy, market share losses) are those areas where he is not (i.e. neither looking to break-up P&G nor replace CEO David Taylor). The investment community will surely hear more in the coming months as Mr. Peltz makes his case publicly (including public interviews this morning).””
- 7/12/2017 – Procter & Gamble Company (The) was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 7/7/2017 – Procter & Gamble Company (The) was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “P&G is known for its strong brand recognition, diversified portfolio, impressive product development capabilities and marketing prowess as well as strong cash flow productivity. The company is investing in its brands and products as well as redesigning the supply chain to improve productivity and organic growth. However, P&G has been struggling for the last few quarters to boost sales. Major foreign exchange headwind, weak volumes, divestitures and slowing market growth have been hurting sales. Soft consumer-spending environment in developed markets also adds to the worries. That said, P&G is speeding up innovations and investments to counter the softening industry growth. Its productivity improvements and aggressive cost-saving efforts are also consistently helping to boost profit level.”
- 7/3/2017 – Procter & Gamble Company (The) was downgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. They now have a $83.75 price target on the stock.
- 6/30/2017 – Procter & Gamble Company (The) had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada. They now have a $80.00 price target on the stock.
- 6/22/2017 – Procter & Gamble Company (The) was downgraded by analysts at Capital One Financial Corporation from an “overweight” rating to an “equal weight” rating. They now have a $2.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $5.00.
Shares of Procter & Gamble Company (NYSE PG) opened at 87.55 on Tuesday. The company has a market cap of $223.92 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 16.10 and a beta of 0.68. The firm has a 50 day moving average price of $87.86 and a 200-day moving average price of $88.03. Procter & Gamble Company has a 52-week low of $81.18 and a 52-week high of $92.00.
Procter & Gamble Company (The) (NYSE:PG) last announced its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, April 26th. The company reported $0.96 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating analysts’ consensus estimates of $0.94 by $0.02. Procter & Gamble Company (The) had a return on equity of 19.30% and a net margin of 23.14%. The company had revenue of $15.61 billion for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $15.70 billion. During the same quarter in the previous year, the business earned $0.86 EPS. Procter & Gamble Company (The)’s revenue was down 1.0% compared to the same quarter last year. Equities research analysts anticipate that Procter & Gamble Company will post $3.85 earnings per share for the current year.
The company also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Tuesday, August 15th. Shareholders of record on Friday, July 21st will be given a dividend of $0.6896 per share. The ex-dividend date is Wednesday, July 19th. This represents a $2.76 annualized dividend and a yield of 3.15%. Procter & Gamble Company (The)’s payout ratio is 50.55%.
In other news, insider Patrice Louvet sold 62,350 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Wednesday, May 17th. The stock was sold at an average price of $86.27, for a total value of $5,378,934.50. The sale was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which can be accessed through this link. Also, insider Ioannis Skoufalos sold 3,879 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Monday, May 22nd. The stock was sold at an average price of $86.17, for a total value of $334,253.43. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Over the last ninety days, insiders have sold 199,891 shares of company stock worth $17,276,637. Insiders own 0.35% of the company’s stock.
The Procter & Gamble Company is focused on providing branded consumer packaged goods to the consumers across the world. The Company operates through five segments: Beauty; Grooming; Health Care; Fabric & Home Care, and Baby, Feminine & Family Care. The Company sells its products in approximately 180 countries and territories primarily through mass merchandisers, grocery stores, membership club stores, drug stores, department stores, distributors, baby stores, specialty beauty stores, e-commerce, high-frequency stores and pharmacies.
Receive News & Ratings for Procter & Gamble Company (The) Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Procter & Gamble Company (The) and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.