Scana Corporation (SCG) – Investment Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Updates
Scana Corporation (NYSE: SCG) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 7/12/2017 – Scana Corporation was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “SCANA Corp.’s price chart has underperformed the Zacks categorised sub industry Utility-Electric power Market over the last three month. Construction costs and delays could impact the timing of rate base growth, earnings, cash flow and the quality of the balance sheet. Additionally, Westinghouse Electric Co., which is presently constructing a nuclear plant for SCANA, has filed for bankruptcy. Although Westinghouse is anticipated to finish the construction of nuclear reactors, the possibility of its bankruptcy has raised questions about SCANA’s likelihood of abandoning the nuclear plant. Moreover, SCANA’s high debt and its sensitivity to changes in coal, gas, oil and other commodity prices pose as risks.”
- 7/12/2017 – Scana Corporation was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating.
- 7/11/2017 – Scana Corporation had its price target lowered by analysts at Morgan Stanley from $70.00 to $67.00. They now have an “underweight” rating on the stock.
- 7/7/2017 – Scana Corporation had its “underperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Mizuho. They now have a $63.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/3/2017 – Scana Corporation was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 6/27/2017 – Scana Corporation was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 6/20/2017 – Scana Corporation was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
Scana Corporation (SCG) opened at 64.05 on Tuesday. The stock has a market cap of $9.15 billion, a PE ratio of 15.53 and a beta of 0.26. Scana Corporation has a 12-month low of $63.18 and a 12-month high of $75.92. The company’s 50-day moving average price is $67.99 and its 200-day moving average price is $68.66.
Scana Corporation (NYSE:SCG) last issued its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, April 27th. The utilities provider reported $1.19 earnings per share for the quarter, missing the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $1.37 by $0.18. Scana Corporation had a net margin of 13.93% and a return on equity of 10.35%. The firm had revenue of $1.17 billion during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $1.26 billion. During the same period in the previous year, the firm posted $1.23 earnings per share. The company’s quarterly revenue was up .1% compared to the same quarter last year. On average, equities analysts expect that Scana Corporation will post $4.19 EPS for the current fiscal year.
The company also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Saturday, July 1st. Stockholders of record on Monday, June 12th were paid a $0.6125 dividend. The ex-dividend date was Thursday, June 8th. This represents a $2.45 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 3.83%. Scana Corporation’s payout ratio is presently 59.22%.
In other news, VP Martin K. Phalen sold 42,023 shares of Scana Corporation stock in a transaction on Monday, May 1st. The stock was sold at an average price of $65.49, for a total value of $2,752,086.27. The sale was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which can be accessed through this hyperlink. Insiders own 0.37% of the company’s stock.
SCANA Corporation is a holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the generation, transmission, distribution and sale of electricity in South Carolina. The Company operates through segments, including Electric Operations, Gas Distribution, Gas Marketing and All Other. The Company is engaged in the purchase, transmission and sale of natural gas in North Carolina and South Carolina.
Receive News & Ratings for Scana Corporation Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Scana Corporation and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.