Analysts’ Recent Ratings Changes for Capella Education (CPLA)
Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Capella Education (NASDAQ: CPLA) in the last few weeks:
- 8/5/2017 – Capella Education was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating.
- 7/28/2017 – Capella Education was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 7/27/2017 – Capella Education was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “strong sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Though Capella’s second-quarter earnings surpassed the Zacks Consensus Estimate by 12.5%, it declined 3.2% year over year. Revenues however grew 2.7% from the year-ago level owing to strong performance by the job-ready skill segment. Capella University’s total active enrollment decreased 1.7%, while new enrollment dropped 9.6% year-over-year. The decline in new enrollment is due to certain marketing execution challenges faced by the company and the highly competitive and dynamic markets in which it operates. Capella University’s new enrollment growth is likely to be flat year over year while total enrollment is expected to be down about 1% year over year in the next quarter. Also, operating margin of 14% decreased 290 basis points year over year in the second quarter. Though the company’s investments in marketing, efforts to enhance relationship with the employers are encouraging, we await better visibility.”
- 7/26/2017 – Capella Education had its price target lowered by analysts at BMO Capital Markets from $86.00 to $79.45. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 7/25/2017 – Capella Education had its price target lowered by analysts at Barrington Research from $98.00 to $90.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
Capella Education (NASDAQ:CPLA) last announced its quarterly earnings data on Tuesday, July 25th. The company reported $0.90 EPS for the quarter, topping the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $0.80 by $0.10. The firm had revenue of $109.60 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $109.89 million. Capella Education had a return on equity of 20.23% and a net margin of 10.49%. The company’s revenue was up 2.7% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period last year, the company earned $0.93 earnings per share.
The company also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Friday, October 13th. Investors of record on Friday, August 25th will be given a $0.41 dividend. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Wednesday, August 23rd. This represents a $1.64 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 2.35%. Capella Education’s payout ratio is 42.38%.
In related news, CEO J Kevin Gilligan sold 2,000 shares of Capella Education stock in a transaction dated Tuesday, May 23rd. The stock was sold at an average price of $86.31, for a total value of $172,620.00. The sale was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available through this hyperlink. Over the last quarter, insiders sold 18,000 shares of company stock valued at $1,543,760. Corporate insiders own 3.56% of the company’s stock.
Capella Education Company is an education services company. The Company provides direct path between learning and employment through its online postsecondary education offerings and through programs to develop job-ready skills for demand markets. The company’s segments include post-secondary segment and job-ready skills segment.
Receive News & Ratings for Capella Education Company Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Capella Education Company and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.