Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR) – Investment Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Updates
Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Nektar Therapeutics (NASDAQ: NKTR) in the last few weeks:
- 8/7/2017 – Nektar Therapeutics is now covered by analysts at HC Wainwright. They set a “buy” rating and a $31.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/4/2017 – Nektar Therapeutics was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 8/1/2017 – Nektar Therapeutics was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $24.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Nektar’s launch of its drugs Movantik and Adynovate have been on track with both the products performing impressively. Additionally, partnerships have enhanced the company’s financial position. Nektar stands to receive significant sales milestone plus royalties for Movantik under the license agreement with AstraZeneca, which will boost its financial position significantly. Nektar also has a promising pipeline, with several updates lined up for the next several quarters. The company’s shares outperformed the Zacks classified Medical-Drugs industry in the year so far. However, Nektar relies heavily on partners for revenues. Partnership-related setbacks may weigh heavily on the company, while disappointing products sales could have a significant impact on its financial results. Estimates have been stable lately ahead of the company’s Q2 earnings release. The company has negative record of earnings surprises in recent quarters.”
- 7/21/2017 – Nektar Therapeutics had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a $23.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/18/2017 – Nektar Therapeutics had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at William Blair.
- 6/27/2017 – Nektar Therapeutics was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 6/26/2017 – Nektar Therapeutics had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at William Blair.
Nektar Therapeutics (NASDAQ:NKTR) opened at 20.03 on Monday. The stock has a 50 day moving average price of $20.36 and a 200-day moving average price of $18.04. Nektar Therapeutics has a 12-month low of $11.41 and a 12-month high of $24.88. The company’s market cap is $3.11 billion.
Nektar Therapeutics (NASDAQ:NKTR) last issued its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, May 9th. The biopharmaceutical company reported ($0.42) EPS for the quarter, missing analysts’ consensus estimates of ($0.40) by $0.02. Nektar Therapeutics had a negative return on equity of 3,072.86% and a negative net margin of 150.74%. The company had revenue of $24.73 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $29.43 million. During the same period in the prior year, the firm earned ($0.14) earnings per share. The business’s revenue for the quarter was down 58.0% compared to the same quarter last year. On average, analysts predict that Nektar Therapeutics will post ($1.16) EPS for the current fiscal year.
In related news, SVP Stephen K. Doberstein sold 1,701 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Tuesday, May 16th. The stock was sold at an average price of $19.55, for a total value of $33,254.55. Following the transaction, the senior vice president now directly owns 32,803 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $641,298.65. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through this hyperlink. Also, Director Robert Chess sold 5,000 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Monday, May 15th. The shares were sold at an average price of $19.79, for a total value of $98,950.00. Following the completion of the transaction, the director now directly owns 276,623 shares in the company, valued at $5,474,369.17. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders sold a total of 159,803 shares of company stock worth $3,328,247 over the last ninety days. 5.44% of the stock is currently owned by insiders.
Nektar Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers and develops medicines in areas of high unmet medical need. The Company’s research and development pipeline of new investigational drugs includes treatments for cancer, auto-immune disease and chronic pain. It leverages its chemistry platform to discover and design new drug candidates.
Receive News & Ratings for Nektar Therapeutics Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Nektar Therapeutics and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.