Recent Analysts’ Ratings Updates for Callaway Golf (ELY)
Callaway Golf (NYSE: ELY) has recently received a number of price target changes and ratings updates:
- 8/7/2017 – Callaway Golf was downgraded by analysts at Compass Point from a “buy” rating to a “neutral” rating.
- 8/5/2017 – Callaway Golf was downgraded by analysts at Forward View to a “hold” rating. They now have a $14.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/4/2017 – Callaway Golf was given a new $18.00 price target on by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 7/25/2017 – Callaway Golf was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “strong-buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Callaway Golf Company is designs, develops, manufactures and markets high quality, innovative golf clubs. The Company’s golf clubs are sold at premium prices to both average and skilled golfers on the basis of performance, ease of use and appearance. “
- 7/19/2017 – Callaway Golf was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 7/1/2017 – Callaway Golf was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 6/21/2017 – Callaway Golf had its price target raised by analysts at FBR & Co from $14.00 to $16.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 6/14/2017 – Callaway Golf is now covered by analysts at Cowen and Company. They set a “market perform” rating and a $14.00 price target on the stock.
Shares of Callaway Golf Company (ELY) opened at 13.50 on Monday. Callaway Golf Company has a 1-year low of $9.77 and a 1-year high of $13.70. The firm’s 50 day moving average is $12.56 and its 200-day moving average is $11.80. The company has a market cap of $1.27 billion, a PE ratio of 7.30 and a beta of 1.20.
Callaway Golf (NYSE:ELY) last posted its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, August 3rd. The company reported $0.34 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $0.29 by $0.05. The firm had revenue of $304.50 million for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $295.70 million. Callaway Golf had a net margin of 18.09% and a return on equity of 6.60%. The business’s quarterly revenue was up 24.0% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter last year, the company posted $0.36 EPS. Equities analysts expect that Callaway Golf Company will post $0.36 earnings per share for the current year.
The business also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Tuesday, September 12th. Stockholders of record on Tuesday, August 22nd will be given a dividend of $0.01 per share. This represents a $0.04 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 0.30%. The ex-dividend date is Friday, August 18th. Callaway Golf’s dividend payout ratio (DPR) is currently 2.20%.
In other news, insider Oliver G. Brewer III sold 131,884 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction on Friday, August 4th. The shares were sold at an average price of $13.31, for a total transaction of $1,755,376.04. Following the sale, the insider now owns 291,399 shares in the company, valued at approximately $3,878,520.69. The transaction was disclosed in a filing with the SEC, which is accessible through this link. Also, insider Neil Howie sold 37,069 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction on Thursday, May 11th. The shares were sold at an average price of $13.10, for a total transaction of $485,603.90. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. In the last 90 days, insiders have sold 226,091 shares of company stock worth $3,000,915. Corporate insiders own 2.59% of the company’s stock.
Callaway Golf Company designs, manufactures and sells golf clubs, golf balls, golf bags and other golf-related accessories. The Company has two segments: the golf clubs segment and golf balls segment. The golf clubs segment consists of its woods, hybrids, irons and wedges, and Odyssey putters. This segment also includes other golf-related accessories, royalties from licensing of its trademarks and service marks and sales of pre-owned golf clubs.
Receive News & Ratings for Callaway Golf Company Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Callaway Golf Company and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.