Weekly Investment Analysts’ Ratings Updates for Carbo Ceramics (CRR)
Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Carbo Ceramics (NYSE: CRR):
- 8/2/2017 – Carbo Ceramics was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “CARBO Ceramics Inc. is the world’s largest producer and supplier of ceramic proppants for use in the hydraulic fracturing of natural gas and oil wells. Demand for ceramic proppants depends primarily upon the demand for natural gas and oil and on the number of natural gas and oil wells drilled, completed or recompleted worldwide. More specifically, the demand for ceramic proppants is dependent on the number of oil and gas wells that are hydraulically fractured to stimulate production. “
- 7/28/2017 – Carbo Ceramics was given a new $12.00 price target on by analysts at Scotiabank. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 7/27/2017 – Carbo Ceramics was given a new $9.00 price target on by analysts at Piper Jaffray Companies. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 7/25/2017 – Carbo Ceramics was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “strong sell” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 6/21/2017 – Carbo Ceramics had its “underweight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Morgan Stanley. They now have a $5.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $7.50.
- 6/20/2017 – Carbo Ceramics was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating.
Shares of Carbo Ceramics, Inc. (NYSE:CRR) traded down 4.13% during mid-day trading on Monday, reaching $7.20. The company had a trading volume of 1,075,031 shares. The stock has a 50 day moving average of $6.76 and a 200-day moving average of $9.91. The company’s market capitalization is $195.46 million. Carbo Ceramics, Inc. has a 52 week low of $5.66 and a 52 week high of $16.70.
Carbo Ceramics (NYSE:CRR) last released its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, July 27th. The oil and gas company reported ($0.93) earnings per share for the quarter, missing analysts’ consensus estimates of ($0.86) by $0.07. The business had revenue of $43.57 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $36.50 million. Carbo Ceramics had a negative return on equity of 12.72% and a negative net margin of 72.46%. The business’s revenue for the quarter was up 111.0% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the previous year, the company posted ($0.88) EPS. On average, analysts expect that Carbo Ceramics, Inc. will post ($3.61) earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
CARBO Ceramics Inc is a technology company that provides products and services to the global oil and gas and industrial markets. The Company operates through two segments: Oilfield Technologies and Services, and Environmental Products and Services. The Company’s oilfield technologies and services segment includes the manufacturing and selling of proppant products for use primarily in the hydraulic fracturing of oil and natural gas wells, Fracpro software for the design of fracture treatments, and StrataGen consulting services for the optimizing of well completions.
Receive News & Ratings for Carbo Ceramics Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Carbo Ceramics Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.