Weekly Investment Analysts’ Ratings Updates for Veeco Instruments (VECO)
Veeco Instruments (NASDAQ: VECO) has recently received a number of price target changes and ratings updates:
- 8/5/2017 – Veeco Instruments was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 8/4/2017 – Veeco Instruments was downgraded by analysts at Deutsche Bank AG from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a $30.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $35.00.
- 7/22/2017 – Veeco Instruments was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “VEECO INSTRUMENTS INC. (DE) designs, manufactures, markets and services a broad line of precision beam etching and surface measurement systems used in the manufacture of microelectronic products. It sells its products worldwide to many of the leading semiconductor and data storage manufacturers. In addition, it sells its products to companies in the flat panel display and high frequency device industries, as well as to other industries, research and development centers and universities. “
- 7/21/2017 – Veeco Instruments had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus. They now have a $38.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $36.00.
- 7/13/2017 – Veeco Instruments was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 6/17/2017 – Veeco Instruments was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 6/13/2017 – Veeco Instruments was upgraded by analysts at J P Morgan Chase & Co from a “neutral” rating to an “overweight” rating. They now have a $39.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $35.00.
- 6/10/2017 – Veeco Instruments was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
Shares of Veeco Instruments Inc. (NASDAQ:VECO) traded up 3.43% during midday trading on Monday, reaching $22.60. 473,750 shares of the company’s stock were exchanged. The stock’s market cap is $917.06 million. The company’s 50 day moving average is $30.08 and its 200-day moving average is $29.56. Veeco Instruments Inc. has a 12 month low of $18.23 and a 12 month high of $34.38.
Veeco Instruments (NASDAQ:VECO) last released its earnings results on Thursday, August 3rd. The semiconductor company reported ($0.07) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the Zacks’ consensus estimate of ($0.10) by $0.03. Veeco Instruments had a negative return on equity of 1.33% and a negative net margin of 23.65%. The firm had revenue of $115.07 million for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $110.87 million. During the same quarter in the previous year, the business posted ($0.19) earnings per share. The business’s revenue for the quarter was up 52.7% on a year-over-year basis. Equities analysts forecast that Veeco Instruments Inc. will post $0.77 EPS for the current fiscal year.
In other Veeco Instruments news, President William John Miller sold 8,481 shares of Veeco Instruments stock in a transaction dated Friday, May 19th. The stock was sold at an average price of $31.51, for a total value of $267,236.31. Following the transaction, the president now owns 69,792 shares in the company, valued at $2,199,145.92. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the SEC, which is accessible through this hyperlink. Also, Director Peter J. Simone sold 4,257 shares of Veeco Instruments stock in a transaction dated Tuesday, May 30th. The shares were sold at an average price of $31.91, for a total value of $135,840.87. Following the completion of the transaction, the director now owns 24,332 shares in the company, valued at approximately $776,434.12. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders own 2.90% of the company’s stock.
Veeco Instruments Inc is engaged in the design, development, manufacture and support of thin film process equipment, primarily sold to make electronic devices. The Company’s geographical segments include the United States; China; Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), and Rest of World (ROW). The Company’s portfolio of technology solutions focus on market areas, including Lighting, Display & Power Electronics; Advanced Packaging, micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS) & radio frequency (RF); Scientific & Industrial, and Data Storage.
Receive News & Ratings for Veeco Instruments Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Veeco Instruments Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.