Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Updates for Ameris Bancorp (ABCB)
Ameris Bancorp (NASDAQ: ABCB) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 7/27/2017 – Ameris Bancorp was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating.
- 7/26/2017 – Ameris Bancorp was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “ABC Bancorp is a bank holding company. “
- 7/21/2017 – Ameris Bancorp had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Stephens. They now have a $54.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/21/2017 – Ameris Bancorp had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Piper Jaffray Companies. They now have a $48.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/12/2017 – Ameris Bancorp was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 6/30/2017 – Ameris Bancorp was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 6/26/2017 – Ameris Bancorp had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Keefe, Bruyette & Woods. They now have a $51.00 price target on the stock.
Ameris Bancorp (NASDAQ:ABCB) opened at 45.35 on Tuesday. Ameris Bancorp has a 12-month low of $32.35 and a 12-month high of $51.28. The stock’s 50 day moving average price is $47.36 and its 200 day moving average price is $46.18. The company has a market capitalization of $1.69 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 19.48 and a beta of 1.27.
Ameris Bancorp (NASDAQ:ABCB) last posted its quarterly earnings results on Friday, July 21st. The bank reported $0.63 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $0.65 by $0.02. Ameris Bancorp had a return on equity of 12.52% and a net margin of 22.66%. The business had revenue of $91.35 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $92.71 million. On average, equities research analysts anticipate that Ameris Bancorp will post $2.55 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
The firm also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Monday, July 10th. Investors of record on Friday, June 30th were given a $0.10 dividend. This represents a $0.40 annualized dividend and a yield of 0.88%. The ex-dividend date was Wednesday, June 28th. Ameris Bancorp’s dividend payout ratio (DPR) is presently 17.09%.
In related news, CEO Edwin W. Hortman, Jr. sold 27,459 shares of the stock in a transaction dated Thursday, June 8th. The shares were sold at an average price of $46.69, for a total value of $1,282,060.71. Following the completion of the transaction, the chief executive officer now owns 207,725 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $9,698,680.25. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through the SEC website. Also, CAO Cindi H. Lewis sold 3,200 shares of the stock in a transaction dated Thursday, June 8th. The stock was sold at an average price of $46.00, for a total transaction of $147,200.00. Following the completion of the transaction, the chief accounting officer now directly owns 70,578 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $3,246,588. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders purchased 1,100 shares of company stock valued at $48,548 in the last three months. Company insiders own 3.63% of the company’s stock.
Ameris Bancorp is a financial holding company. The Company’s business is conducted through its banking subsidiary, Ameris Bank (the Bank), which provides a range of banking services to its retail and commercial customers. The Company operates through four segments: the Banking Division, the Retail Mortgage Division, the Warehouse Lending Division and the SBA Division.
Receive News & Ratings for Ameris Bancorp Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Ameris Bancorp and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.