Investment Analysts’ Recent Ratings Updates for Chemed Corp. (CHE)
A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Chemed Corp. (NYSE: CHE):
- 8/2/2017 – Chemed Corp. was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 7/31/2017 – Chemed Corp. had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada. They now have a $209.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/28/2017 – Chemed Corp. was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $226.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Chemed’s second-quarter 2017 performance was quite promising with the bottom line significantly improving on a year-over-year basis. Moreover, encouraging revenue growth and the raised guidance for 2017 are indicative of brighter prospects. In fact, the guidance raise was backed by the company expectations of significant gains from its Roto-Rooter business. Also, over the past six months, Chemed has been trading above the broader industry. Notably, the improvement in average net Medicare reimbursement rate and increase in average daily census are also impressive. However, headwinds like reimbursement related issues, seasonality in business, a competitive landscape and dependence on government mandate pose challenges for Chemed. Also, a tweaked guidance for Medicare Cap billing limitations raises concern.”
- 7/27/2017 – Chemed Corp. had its price target raised by analysts at Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc. from $200.00 to $220.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 7/25/2017 – Chemed Corp. was downgraded by analysts at TheStreet from a “b+” rating to a “c+” rating.
- 7/5/2017 – Chemed Corp. had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada. They now have a $208.00 price target on the stock.
- 6/22/2017 – Chemed Corp. was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “strong-buy” rating to a “buy” rating.
Shares of Chemed Corp. (CHE) opened at 197.40 on Tuesday. The firm has a 50-day moving average price of $203.99 and a 200-day moving average price of $190.81. The firm has a market capitalization of $3.16 billion, a PE ratio of 48.97 and a beta of 1.14. Chemed Corp. has a 1-year low of $130.05 and a 1-year high of $216.01.
Chemed Corp. (NYSE:CHE) last issued its quarterly earnings data on Tuesday, July 25th. The company reported $2.15 EPS for the quarter, topping analysts’ consensus estimates of $1.89 by $0.26. Chemed Corp. had a net margin of 4.16% and a return on equity of 26.18%. The firm had revenue of $415.06 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $407.56 million. During the same quarter in the previous year, the business posted $1.80 EPS. The firm’s revenue was up 6.3% compared to the same quarter last year. On average, analysts forecast that Chemed Corp. will post $8.20 EPS for the current fiscal year.
The company also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Friday, September 1st. Shareholders of record on Monday, August 14th will be issued a $0.28 dividend. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Thursday, August 10th. This represents a $1.12 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 0.57%. This is a positive change from Chemed Corp.’s previous quarterly dividend of $0.26. Chemed Corp.’s payout ratio is currently 26.07%.
In related news, Director George J. Walsh III bought 1,000 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction dated Monday, June 26th. The shares were acquired at an average price of $204.56 per share, for a total transaction of $204,560.00. Following the purchase, the director now owns 7,908 shares in the company, valued at approximately $1,617,660.48. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the SEC, which is accessible through this link. Also, insider Kevin J. Mcnamara sold 15,000 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction dated Friday, July 28th. The shares were sold at an average price of $201.16, for a total transaction of $3,017,400.00. Following the completion of the sale, the insider now owns 173,801 shares in the company, valued at approximately $34,961,809.16. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders own 5.32% of the company’s stock.
Chemed Corporation purchases, operates and divests subsidiaries engaged in various business activities. The Company operates through two segments: the VITAS segment (VITAS) and the Roto-Rooter segment (Roto-Rooter). The Company’s VITAS provides hospice and palliative care services to its patients through a network of physicians, registered nurses, home health aides, social workers, clergy and volunteers.
Receive News & Ratings for Chemed Corp Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Chemed Corp and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.