Silgan Holdings (SLGN) – Research Analysts’ Recent Ratings Updates
Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Silgan Holdings (NASDAQ: SLGN):
- 7/31/2017 – Silgan Holdings was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 7/27/2017 – Silgan Holdings was downgraded by analysts at Bank of America Corporation from a “buy” rating to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $35.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/25/2017 – Silgan Holdings was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 7/19/2017 – Silgan Holdings was downgraded by analysts at Robert W. Baird from an “outperform” rating to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $35.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/13/2017 – Silgan Holdings was downgraded by analysts at Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The) from a “neutral” rating to a “sell” rating. They now have a $30.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/9/2017 – Silgan Holdings had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a $34.00 price target on the stock.
- 6/27/2017 – Silgan Holdings was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Silgan raised its adjusted earnings per share guidance for full-year 2017 to the range of $3.20–$3.40. For the second quarter, Silgan estimates adjusted earnings in the range of $0.65–$0.75 per share. Silgan is poised to gain from the favorable impact from the Dispensing Systems business acquisition. Recently, the board of Silgan has approved a two-for-one stock split and a quarterly cash dividend. These actions will enhance the liquidity of its shares. Despite near-term headwinds, the company will benefit from improvement in its footprint optimization programs and debt restructuring. Moreover, the stock outperformed the Zacks sub-industry the past one year. However, increase in debt and unfavorable foreign currency translation is likely to hurt the company’s results.”
- 6/13/2017 – Silgan Holdings was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
Silgan Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ:SLGN) opened at 30.60 on Tuesday. Silgan Holdings Inc. has a 52-week low of $23.58 and a 52-week high of $32.50. The company has a market cap of $3.38 billion, a P/E ratio of 24.31 and a beta of 0.54. The company’s 50 day moving average price is $31.63 and its 200 day moving average price is $50.69.
Silgan Holdings (NASDAQ:SLGN) last issued its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, July 26th. The industrial products company reported $0.35 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, meeting the consensus estimate of $0.35. The business had revenue of $1.02 billion during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $1.03 billion. Silgan Holdings had a return on equity of 31.19% and a net margin of 3.83%. The firm’s revenue for the quarter was up 16.8% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the previous year, the company posted $0.60 earnings per share. Equities research analysts anticipate that Silgan Holdings Inc. will post $1.66 EPS for the current fiscal year.
In related news, VP B Frederik Prinzen sold 3,204 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Thursday, May 11th. The stock was sold at an average price of $62.28, for a total value of $199,545.12. The sale was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which can be accessed through the SEC website. Also, VP Adam J. Greenlee sold 5,643 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Friday, May 19th. The shares were sold at an average price of $61.56, for a total value of $347,383.08. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders own 33.10% of the company’s stock.
Silgan Holdings Inc is a holding company. The Company is a manufacturer of rigid packaging for consumer goods products. The Company operates in three business segments: metal containers, closures and plastic containers. Its metal container segment is engaged in the manufacture and sale of steel and aluminum containers for human and pet food and general line products.
Receive News & Ratings for Silgan Holdings Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Silgan Holdings Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.