Weekly Analysts’ Ratings Updates for Jack In The Box (JACK)
Jack In The Box (NASDAQ: JACK) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 8/3/2017 – Jack In The Box had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Wells Fargo & Company. They now have a $125.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/31/2017 – Jack In The Box was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “strong sell” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 7/27/2017 – Jack In The Box had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a $120.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/18/2017 – Jack In The Box was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Jack in the Box makes regular menu innovations and plans to continue focusing on improving guest experience at both brands via operational excellence. It has a mostly positive record of earnings surprises in recent quarters. The premium and value offerings at Jack in the Box along with focus on breakfast menu to combat competition bode well. Yet, comps at Qdoba have been suffering due to poor restaurant level execution. A soft industry backdrop and higher costs remain concerns too. Notably, Jack in the Box’s shares have underperformed the Zacks categorized Retail-Restaurants industry year-to-date. Estimates too have moved slightly down ahead of its fiscal third quarter earnings release. Nonetheless, expansion of third-party delivery channels at both brands should increase transactions. Efforts to reinvigorate Qdoba along with management’s plan of even considering alternatives to the brand bode well too.”
- 7/12/2017 – Jack In The Box was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating.
- 6/27/2017 – Jack In The Box was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 6/15/2017 – Jack In The Box was upgraded by analysts at TheStreet from a “c+” rating to a “b-” rating.
- 6/13/2017 – Jack In The Box had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Bank of America Corporation. They now have a $118.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $120.00.
Jack In The Box Inc. (NASDAQ:JACK) opened at 95.12 on Tuesday. The company’s 50-day moving average price is $98.26 and its 200 day moving average price is $101.80. The firm has a market capitalization of $2.80 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 23.50 and a beta of 0.57. Jack In The Box Inc. has a 52-week low of $86.51 and a 52-week high of $113.30.
Jack In The Box (NASDAQ:JACK) last posted its earnings results on Tuesday, May 16th. The restaurant operator reported $0.98 earnings per share for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $0.91 by $0.07. The firm had revenue of $369.40 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $369.36 million. Jack In The Box had a negative return on equity of 49.06% and a net margin of 8.07%. The company’s revenue for the quarter was up 2.3% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the previous year, the company posted $0.85 earnings per share. Equities analysts predict that Jack In The Box Inc. will post $4.18 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
In other Jack In The Box news, EVP Phillip H. Rudolph sold 6,908 shares of Jack In The Box stock in a transaction dated Monday, May 22nd. The stock was sold at an average price of $103.64, for a total transaction of $715,945.12. Following the transaction, the executive vice president now directly owns 99,261 shares in the company, valued at $10,287,410.04. The transaction was disclosed in a filing with the SEC, which is accessible through this hyperlink. Insiders own 2.10% of the company’s stock.
Jack in the Box Inc operates and franchises Jack in the Box quick-service restaurants (QSRs) and Qdoba Mexican Eats (Qdoba) fast-casual restaurants. The Company operates in two segments: Jack in the Box and Qdoba restaurant operations. Qdoba is a fast-casual Mexican food brand in the United States, offering food items including burritos, tacos, salads, and quesadillas.
Receive News & Ratings for Jack In The Box Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Jack In The Box Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.