Weekly Research Analysts’ Ratings Updates for Unisys Corporation (UIS)
Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Unisys Corporation (NYSE: UIS) in the last few weeks:
- 8/5/2017 – Unisys Corporation was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 8/4/2017 – Unisys Corporation was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “strong sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Unisys reported lackluster second-quarter 2017 results with a significant decline in revenues. Adjusted earnings also widely missed the Zacks Consensus Estimate. Unisys has significant pension obligations under its U.S. and non-U.S. defined benefit pension plans. Pension liabilities have increased lately and are likely to be a drag on its earnings in the future as well. In addition, Unisys has to continually invest in new technologies which act as value drivers to provide a hedge against stiff competition. These incremental investments increase operating expenses, thus squeezing margins. Foreign currency volatility remains another concern for Unisys due to its significant international presence. The company also underperformed the industry year to date. However, Unisys is concentrating on business opportunities in fewer, more profitable markets in the IT marketplace and is revamping its sales strategy accordingly to improve its margins.”
- 8/2/2017 – Unisys Corporation was given a new $15.00 price target on by analysts at SunTrust Banks, Inc.. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 8/2/2017 – Unisys Corporation was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “strong-buy” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 7/25/2017 – Unisys Corporation was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
Shares of Unisys Corporation (NYSE UIS) opened at 8.80 on Tuesday. Unisys Corporation has a 12-month low of $8.50 and a 12-month high of $16.70. The firm has a 50-day moving average price of $12.76 and a 200 day moving average price of $12.90. The stock’s market cap is $443.85 million.
Unisys Corporation (NYSE:UIS) last announced its quarterly earnings data on Tuesday, August 1st. The information technology services provider reported $0.03 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of $0.37 by $0.34. Unisys Corporation had a negative return on equity of 5.94% and a negative net margin of 3.81%. The business had revenue of $666.20 million during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $674.55 million. During the same period in the prior year, the company posted $0.81 earnings per share. The firm’s revenue was down 11.0% on a year-over-year basis. Equities research analysts predict that Unisys Corporation will post ($1.94) EPS for the current fiscal year.
In other Unisys Corporation news, Director Alison Davis sold 10,639 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction dated Friday, June 2nd. The stock was sold at an average price of $12.35, for a total value of $131,391.65. Following the transaction, the director now directly owns 44,393 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $548,253.55. The sale was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which is accessible through the SEC website. Corporate insiders own 1.40% of the company’s stock.
Unisys Corporation (Unisys) is an information technology (IT) company. The Company operates through two segments: Services and Technology. The Company offers services, which include cloud and infrastructure services, application services and business process outsourcing services. In technology segment, the Company designs and develops software, servers and related products.
Receive News & Ratings for Unisys Corporation Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Unisys Corporation and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.