Research Analysts’ Recent Ratings Updates for KB Home (KBH)
A number of firms have modified their ratings and price targets on shares of KB Home (NYSE: KBH) recently:
- 9/5/2017 – KB Home was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “KB Home shares have outperformed its industry, year to date. It has formulated the right strategy to boost scale in existing geographic footprint, improve profitability per unit, generate higher operating margin and drive earnings, while simultaneously generating positive cash flow to invest in growth and debt reduction. The company’s first half of fiscal 2017 results show an impressive 22% growth in revenues and a double-digit increase in deliveries and housing revenues along with 58% surge in profit level. Strong orders in value (up 21.8%) and backlog (up 19%) in the first half also bode well. However, higher construction and labor costs, rising interest rate as well as competitive pricing pressure are pressing concerns.”
- 9/5/2017 – KB Home had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at MKM Partners.
- 8/29/2017 – KB Home had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada. They now have a $25.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/19/2017 – KB Home was given a new $24.00 price target on by analysts at Keefe, Bruyette & Woods. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 8/11/2017 – KB Home was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “strong-buy” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 7/11/2017 – KB Home was downgraded by analysts at Barclays PLC to a “sell” rating.
- 7/10/2017 – KB Home was downgraded by analysts at Mizuho from a “neutral” rating to an “underperform” rating. They now have a $21.00 price target on the stock.
Shares of KB Home (NYSE KBH) opened at 21.23 on Friday. The company has a market capitalization of $1.82 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 16.36 and a beta of 1.60. The stock has a 50 day moving average price of $22.57 and a 200 day moving average price of $21.21. KB Home has a 1-year low of $14.06 and a 1-year high of $24.37.
KB Home (NYSE:KBH) last posted its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, June 27th. The construction company reported $0.33 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating analysts’ consensus estimates of $0.26 by $0.07. The business had revenue of $1 billion during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $929.85 million. KB Home had a return on equity of 7.11% and a net margin of 3.13%. The business’s revenue was up 23.7% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the prior year, the business earned $0.17 earnings per share. On average, equities analysts anticipate that KB Home will post $1.71 EPS for the current fiscal year.
The business also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Thursday, August 17th. Stockholders of record on Thursday, August 3rd were given a $0.025 dividend. The ex-dividend date of this dividend was Tuesday, August 1st. This represents a $0.10 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 0.47%. KB Home’s dividend payout ratio (DPR) is presently 7.69%.
In related news, insider Jeffrey T. Mezger sold 400,000 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Monday, August 14th. The stock was sold at an average price of $22.81, for a total value of $9,124,000.00. Following the transaction, the insider now directly owns 682,996 shares in the company, valued at $15,579,138.76. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available at this hyperlink. Also, SVP William R. Hollinger sold 57,405 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Wednesday, August 9th. The shares were sold at an average price of $23.19, for a total value of $1,331,221.95. Following the completion of the transaction, the senior vice president now owns 214,306 shares in the company, valued at $4,969,756.14. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders sold 620,422 shares of company stock valued at $14,269,820 over the last 90 days. Company insiders own 8.60% of the company’s stock.
KB HOME is a homebuilding company. The Company is engaged in selling and building a range of new homes designed primarily for first-time, move-up and active adult homebuyers, including attached and detached single-family residential homes. It operates through five segments, which consist of four homebuilding segments and one financial services segment.
Receive News & Ratings for KB Home Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for KB Home and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.