Recent Research Analysts’ Ratings Changes for Hercules Capital (HTGC)
Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Hercules Capital (NYSE: HTGC) in the last few weeks:
- 9/12/2017 – Hercules Capital was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 9/8/2017 – Hercules Capital was upgraded by analysts at Compass Point from a “neutral” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $13.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/1/2017 – Hercules Capital was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 8/31/2017 – Hercules Capital was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 8/16/2017 – Hercules Capital had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a $16.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/7/2017 – Hercules Capital had its “mkt outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at JMP Securities. They now have a $14.50 price target on the stock.
- 8/7/2017 – Hercules Capital was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Hercules Capital’s shares have significantly underperformed the industry, in the last six months. The company’s second-quarter 2017 earnings were in line with the Zacks Consensus Estimate as rise in total investment income was offset by higher costs. Increase in expenses, largely due to the company’s efforts to improve originations, is expected to hurt bottom-line growth in the near term. While it is likely to witness growing demand for customized financing, based on the market optimism for public equities and an improving economic environment, high concentration risk makes us apprehensive.”
- 8/6/2017 – Hercules Capital had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada. They now have a $16.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/4/2017 – Hercules Capital had its “underperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Raymond James Financial, Inc..
- 7/30/2017 – Hercules Capital was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 7/24/2017 – Hercules Capital was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “strong-buy” rating to a “buy” rating.
Shares of Hercules Capital, Inc. (NYSE HTGC) traded up 0.74% during mid-day trading on Thursday, hitting $12.27. The stock had a trading volume of 166,301 shares. Hercules Capital, Inc. has a 12-month low of $11.64 and a 12-month high of $15.68. The stock has a market capitalization of $1.02 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 13.59 and a beta of 0.83. The stock’s 50-day moving average price is $12.71 and its 200-day moving average price is $13.71.
Hercules Capital (NYSE:HTGC) last released its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, August 3rd. The financial services provider reported $0.31 EPS for the quarter, meeting the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $0.31. Hercules Capital had a net margin of 38.69% and a return on equity of 12.93%. The business had revenue of $48.45 million during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $48.25 million. During the same quarter in the prior year, the company earned $0.32 EPS. The firm’s quarterly revenue was up 11.3% on a year-over-year basis. On average, equities analysts anticipate that Hercules Capital, Inc. will post $1.17 EPS for the current fiscal year.
The company also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Monday, August 21st. Investors of record on Monday, August 14th were given a $0.31 dividend. This represents a $1.24 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 10.18%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend was Thursday, August 10th. Hercules Capital’s dividend payout ratio is currently 134.78%.
Hercules Capital, Inc is a specialty finance company. The Company is an internally managed, non-diversified, closed-end investment company. The Company focuses on providing senior secured venture growth loans to venture capital-backed companies in a range of technology, life sciences, and sustainable and renewable technology industries.
Receive News & Ratings for Hercules Capital Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Hercules Capital Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.