Research Analysts’ Recent Ratings Updates for Vera Bradley (VRA)
Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Vera Bradley (NASDAQ: VRA) in the last few weeks:
- 9/13/2017 – Vera Bradley was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 9/1/2017 – Vera Bradley was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 8/28/2017 – Vera Bradley was given a new $12.00 price target on by analysts at FBR & Co. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock. They wrote, “We are reiterating our Buy rating, estimates, and $12 price target on Vera Bradley with the company announcing 2Q results before the open on Wednesday, August 30. With the handbag segment remaining in flux, we believe Vera Bradley has continued to make progress, but we do not expect material YOY positives until the holiday season. That said, we expect management to continue to control the controllables,” and we expect that the rollout of new cotton designs and back-to- school could be key drivers for the company. Further, with Street expectations near rock bottom (we are the only Buy rating on the sell-side), we believe any signs of life will propel VRA forward.””
- 8/25/2017 – Vera Bradley had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at KeyCorp.
- 8/23/2017 – Vera Bradley was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 8/2/2017 – Vera Bradley was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Vera Bradley Designs, Inc. is a designer, producer, marketer and retailer of accessories for women. Its products include handbags, accessories and travel and leisure items. It sells its products through two reportable segments Indirect and Direct. Its indirect business consists of sale of Vera Bradley products to independent retailers in the U.S. as well as select national retailers and third party e-commerce sites. Its direct business consists of sales of Vera Bradley products through its full-price stores, its outlet stores, verabradley.com, and its annual outlet sale in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Vera Bradley Designs, Inc. is headquartered in Fort Wayne, Indiana. “
Vera Bradley, Inc. (VRA) opened at 8.53 on Thursday. Vera Bradley, Inc. has a 1-year low of $7.70 and a 1-year high of $16.24. The stock has a 50 day moving average price of $9.57 and a 200-day moving average price of $9.15. The stock has a market cap of $308.39 million, a PE ratio of 23.43 and a beta of 0.90.
Vera Bradley (NASDAQ:VRA) last released its earnings results on Wednesday, August 30th. The textile maker reported $0.13 EPS for the quarter, beating analysts’ consensus estimates of $0.10 by $0.03. The firm had revenue of $112.42 million for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $111.72 million. Vera Bradley had a return on equity of 6.64% and a net margin of 2.21%. The company’s quarterly revenue was down 5.7% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the prior year, the firm posted $0.17 earnings per share. On average, equities analysts expect that Vera Bradley, Inc. will post $0.47 EPS for the current year.
In other news, major shareholder Michael C. Ray sold 237,500 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Tuesday, September 5th. The stock was sold at an average price of $8.23, for a total transaction of $1,954,625.00. Following the transaction, the insider now owns 120,712 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $993,459.76. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which is available at this link. Corporate insiders own 40.90% of the company’s stock.
Vera Bradley, Inc (Vera Bradley) is a designer of women’s handbags, accessories, luggage and travel items, eyewear, and stationery and gifts. The Company’s segments include Direct and Indirect. The Company offers various products, including bags, travel, home and accessories. Its accessories include fashion accessories, such as wallets, eyeglass cases, jewelry, and scarves and various technology accessories.
Receive News & Ratings for Vera Bradley Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Vera Bradley Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.