Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Updates for Illumina (ILMN)
A number of firms have modified their ratings and price targets on shares of Illumina (NASDAQ: ILMN) recently:
- 9/26/2017 – Illumina had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The). They now have a $200.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/19/2017 – Illumina was upgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $217.50 price target on the stock.
- 9/13/2017 – Illumina had its price target raised by analysts at Argus from $205.00 to $235.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 9/12/2017 – Illumina had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Leerink Swann. They now have a $225.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $207.00.
- 8/31/2017 – Illumina was downgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a $209.78 price target on the stock.
- 8/17/2017 – Illumina was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 8/9/2017 – Illumina was upgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $209.78 price target on the stock.
- 8/9/2017 – Illumina had its “equal weight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Barclays PLC. They now have a $150.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/7/2017 – Illumina was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 8/7/2017 – Illumina was upgraded by analysts at Canaccord Genuity from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $215.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $170.00. They wrote, “Shipments to China grew +16% and we believe China is likely to be a double-digit grower for ILMN over the next several years, driven by the Chinese Precision Medicine Initiative,”
- 8/4/2017 – Illumina was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Illumina exited the second quarter on a solid note, with both earnings and revenues beating the Zacks Consensus Estimate. The top line was strong on new product launches including the VeriSeq NIPT Solution in Europe and the strength in NovaSeq. Outside the U.S., the rate of NIPT adoption is increasing. In this regard to note, over the last three months, Illumina was trading above the broader industry. The company’s raised guidance is encouraging indicating this bullish trend to continue in the coming period. We are currently looking forward to the performance of the Extended RAS Panel that is slated for launch in the third quarter. We are also looking forward to GRAIL, Illumina’s venture in the cancer screening market. On the flip side, weak margins owing to NovaSeq launch, higher array services revenues and product mix within sequencing consumables will continue to act as deterrents. Also, NIH funding issue and a tough competitive landscap”
Shares of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN) traded up 0.11% during midday trading on Tuesday, reaching $202.46. The company’s stock had a trading volume of 647,928 shares. The stock has a 50-day moving average of $201.31 and a 200 day moving average of $183.47. The firm has a market capitalization of $29.56 billion, a P/E ratio of 40.62 and a beta of 0.76. Illumina, Inc. has a 12-month low of $119.37 and a 12-month high of $214.34.
Illumina (NASDAQ:ILMN) last posted its earnings results on Tuesday, August 1st. The life sciences company reported $0.82 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $0.68 by $0.14. Illumina had a net margin of 30.27% and a return on equity of 19.69%. The firm had revenue of $662.00 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $642.38 million. During the same period in the previous year, the firm earned $0.86 EPS. The business’s quarterly revenue was up 10.3% on a year-over-year basis. Equities research analysts predict that Illumina, Inc. will post $3.65 EPS for the current fiscal year.
In other news, SVP Charles Dadswell sold 1,609 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction dated Thursday, August 3rd. The stock was sold at an average price of $197.00, for a total transaction of $316,973.00. Following the sale, the senior vice president now directly owns 9,037 shares in the company, valued at approximately $1,780,289. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available through this hyperlink. Also, Director Jay T. Flatley sold 20,000 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction dated Tuesday, September 26th. The shares were sold at an average price of $200.16, for a total value of $4,003,200.00. Following the sale, the director now owns 539,176 shares in the company, valued at $107,921,468.16. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders have sold 195,043 shares of company stock worth $37,848,873 over the last three months. 1.60% of the stock is currently owned by insiders.
Illumina, Inc (Illumina) is a provider of sequencing- and array-based solutions for genetic analysis. The Company operates through two segments: Core Illumina and the consolidated variable interest entities (VIEs), which include the activities of GRAIL, Inc (GRAIL) and Helix Holdings I, LLC (Helix). Core Illumina consists of its core operations.
Receive News & Ratings for Illumina Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Illumina Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.