Nokia Corporation (NOK) – Research Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Updates
Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Nokia Corporation (NYSE: NOK) in the last few weeks:
- 9/25/2017 – Nokia Corporation was upgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $6.37 price target on the stock.
- 9/21/2017 – Nokia Corporation was downgraded by analysts at BNP Paribas from a “neutral” rating to an “underperform” rating.
- 9/20/2017 – Nokia Corporation had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at UBS AG.
- 9/18/2017 – Nokia Corporation was downgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “strong-buy” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a $6.37 price target on the stock.
- 8/9/2017 – Nokia Corporation was upgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “buy” rating to a “strong-buy” rating. They now have a $7.22 price target on the stock.
- 8/8/2017 – Nokia Corporation was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Shares of Nokia have outperformed the industry it belongs to, in the last one year. In fact, the recent licensing and business partnership with Apple has removed a major overhang on Nokia’s shares. Following the deal, Nokia got an up-front payment in cash from Apple. The development aided Nokia's second-quarter results, where it reported better-than-expected earnings per share and revenues. In addition, the company’s growth-by-acquisition strategy is encouraging. In early Jan 2016, Nokia Networks gained control of Alcatel-Lucent. Notably, the company now expects to realize annual operating cost synergies €1.2 billion in full-year 2018 from the deal. However, the below-par performance of its Networks division continues to hurt Nokia. In fact, revenues declined year over year in the second quarter. Also, its top line is vulnerable to adverse foreign currency movements since the company operates globally.”
Nokia Corporation (NYSE:NOK) traded down 0.17% during trading on Tuesday, reaching $5.97. 6,754,305 shares of the company’s stock were exchanged. The stock’s market cap is $33.74 billion. Nokia Corporation has a 12 month low of $4.04 and a 12 month high of $6.65. The firm has a 50 day moving average of $6.13 and a 200-day moving average of $6.05.
Nokia Corporation (NYSE:NOK) last released its earnings results on Thursday, July 27th. The technology company reported $0.09 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $0.04 by $0.05. Nokia Corporation had a negative net margin of 1.78% and a positive return on equity of 8.20%. The firm had revenue of $5.63 billion during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $5.64 billion. During the same period last year, the business earned $0.03 earnings per share. The business’s revenue was up .8% on a year-over-year basis. On average, equities research analysts anticipate that Nokia Corporation will post $0.30 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
Nokia Oyj is a Finland-based company engaged in the network and Internet protocol (IP) infrastructure, software, and related services market. The Company’s businesses include Nokia Networks and Nokia Technologies. The Company’s segments include Ultra Broadband Networks, IP Networks and Applications, and Nokia Technologies.
Receive News & Ratings for Nokia Corporation Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Nokia Corporation and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.