Southwest Airlines (LUV) – Research Analysts’ Recent Ratings Changes
Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV):
- 9/25/2017 – Southwest Airlines is now covered by analysts at Macquarie. They set an “outperform” rating and a $62.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/22/2017 – Southwest Airlines was downgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “strong-buy” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $59.16 price target on the stock.
- 9/20/2017 – Southwest Airlines was upgraded by analysts at Raymond James Financial, Inc. from a “market perform” rating to an “outperform” rating. They now have a $65.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/20/2017 – Southwest Airlines was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Southwest Airlines gave a bearish outlook for the third quarter of 2017 at the Cowen and Company Global Transportation Conference mainly due to Harvey. The carrier had to cancel multiple flights due to the storm. Consequently, the company trimmed its current- quarter unit revenue view. Harvey is expected to hurt its third-quarter results. High fuel costs are also a bane. The pessimism surrounding the stock can be gauged from the fact that the current-quarter Zacks Consensus Estimate for earnings has declined 7.5% over the last 30 days. We are, however, appreciative of the company's efforts to enhance its shareholders‘ wealth through dividends and share buybacks.”
- 9/15/2017 – Southwest Airlines was upgraded by analysts at J P Morgan Chase & Co from a “neutral” rating to an “overweight” rating. They now have a $66.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $60.00.
- 9/14/2017 – Southwest Airlines had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Barclays PLC. They now have a $61.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/12/2017 – Southwest Airlines had its “overweight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Morgan Stanley.
- 9/7/2017 – Southwest Airlines had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Citigroup Inc.. They now have a $64.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $65.00.
- 9/1/2017 – Southwest Airlines had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cowen and Company. They now have a $67.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/18/2017 – Southwest Airlines was upgraded by analysts at Wolfe Research from a “market perform” rating to an “outperform” rating.
- 8/17/2017 – Southwest Airlines was given a new $64.00 price target on by analysts at Morgan Stanley. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
Shares of Southwest Airlines Company (NYSE LUV) traded up 4.50% during trading on Tuesday, reaching $58.51. 7,545,001 shares of the company’s stock were exchanged. The company has a 50 day moving average of $53.66 and a 200 day moving average of $56.82. The stock has a market cap of $35.02 billion, a P/E ratio of 17.94 and a beta of 1.32. Southwest Airlines Company has a 12-month low of $36.91 and a 12-month high of $64.39.
Southwest Airlines (NYSE:LUV) last released its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, July 27th. The airline reported $1.24 earnings per share for the quarter, topping analysts’ consensus estimates of $1.20 by $0.04. The business had revenue of $5.74 billion during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $5.73 billion. Southwest Airlines had a return on equity of 26.07% and a net margin of 9.63%. The company’s revenue was up 6.7% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the prior year, the business posted $1.19 EPS. Equities research analysts anticipate that Southwest Airlines Company will post $3.64 EPS for the current year.
The business also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Thursday, September 14th. Investors of record on Thursday, August 24th were issued a $0.125 dividend. The ex-dividend date of this dividend was Tuesday, August 22nd. This represents a $0.50 annualized dividend and a yield of 0.85%. Southwest Airlines’s dividend payout ratio (DPR) is currently 15.34%.
In related news, Director William H. Dr Cunningham bought 4,500 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction on Friday, August 11th. The shares were bought at an average price of $54.00 per share, with a total value of $243,000.00. Following the completion of the transaction, the director now directly owns 66,969 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $3,616,326. The purchase was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available through this hyperlink. 0.21% of the stock is currently owned by insiders.
Southwest Airlines Co (Southwest) operates Southwest Airlines, a passenger airline that provides scheduled air transportation in the United States and near-international markets. The Company provides point-to-point service. The Company offers ancillary service offerings, such as Southwest’s EarlyBird Check-In and transportation of pets and unaccompanied minors, in accordance with Southwest’s respective policies.
Receive News & Ratings for Southwest Airlines Company Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Southwest Airlines Company and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.