Weekly Analysts’ Ratings Changes for HCP (HCP)
Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for HCP (NYSE: HCP):
- 10/3/2017 – HCP was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Shares of HCP have underperformed the industry year to date. Moreover, the stock has seen the Zacks Consensus Estimate for funds from operations (FFO) per share for third-quarter 2017 and full-year 2018 being revised downward in a month’s time. Softness in the senior housing fundamentals, amid new supply is anticipated to thwart the company’s pricing power and occupancy levels. Moreover, geographical concentration of assets and hike in interest rate remain concerns. Though the company has opted for huge asset dispositions, the earning dilution impact cannot be bypassed. Nonetheless, this healthcare REIT is poised to gain from its diverse and high-quality portfolio, increasing healthcare spending and an aging population.”
- 10/2/2017 – HCP was downgraded by analysts at UBS AG from a “neutral” rating to a “sell” rating. They now have a $25.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $30.00.
- 9/25/2017 – HCP had its price target lowered by analysts at Morgan Stanley from $31.00 to $29.00. They now have an “equal weight” rating on the stock.
- 9/22/2017 – HCP was downgraded by analysts at Bank of America Corporation from a “buy” rating to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $31.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $33.00.
- 9/17/2017 – HCP had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at KeyCorp.
- 9/6/2017 – HCP had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a $32.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/22/2017 – HCP had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus. They now have a $30.00 price target on the stock.
Shares of HCP, Inc. (NYSE:HCP) traded up 1.09% during midday trading on Tuesday, reaching $27.00. The company’s stock had a trading volume of 4,799,022 shares. The firm has a market capitalization of $12.66 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 18.40 and a beta of 0.38. HCP, Inc. has a 52 week low of $26.47 and a 52 week high of $34.44. The firm’s 50 day moving average is $29.16 and its 200 day moving average is $30.84.
HCP (NYSE:HCP) last released its quarterly earnings data on Tuesday, August 1st. The real estate investment trust reported $0.48 EPS for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $0.47 by $0.01. The company had revenue of $458.90 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $456.29 million. HCP had a return on equity of 9.96% and a net margin of 32.16%. The firm’s revenue was down 14.8% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period last year, the company posted $0.71 earnings per share. Equities analysts forecast that HCP, Inc. will post $1.35 EPS for the current fiscal year.
HCP, Inc is a self-administered real estate investment trust. The Company invests in real estate serving the healthcare industry in the United States. The Company’s segments include senior housing triple-net (SH NNN), senior housing operating portfolio (SHOP), life science and medical office. Its senior housing facilities include independent living facilities, assisted living facilities, memory care facilities, care homes, and continuing care retirement communities.
Receive News & Ratings for HCP Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for HCP Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.