Weekly Investment Analysts’ Ratings Updates for Alaska Air Group (ALK)
Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Alaska Air Group (NYSE: ALK):
- 9/25/2017 – Alaska Air Group is now covered by analysts at Macquarie. They set an “outperform” rating and a $94.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/23/2017 – Alaska Air Group had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus. They now have a $125.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/18/2017 – Alaska Air Group had its “overweight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Morgan Stanley.
- 9/14/2017 – Alaska Air Group had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Barclays PLC.
- 9/14/2017 – Alaska Air Group had its price target lowered by analysts at Cowen and Company from $103.00 to $100.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 9/12/2017 – Alaska Air Group had its “overweight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Morgan Stanley.
- 9/12/2017 – Alaska Air Group was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Shares of Alaka Air Group have underperformed its industry on a year-to-date basis mainly due to escalating expenses. Increased labor costs are expected to hurt the company's bottom line in the third quarter of 2017, just like the second quarter. The rise in fuel costs is also projected to limit bottom-line growth. Moreover, costs related to the Virgin America acquisition should be a drag on earnings. In fact, the negative sentiment surrounding the stock can be made out from the fact that the Zacks Consensus Estimate for current-quarter earnings has been revised 3.9% downward in the last 30 days. We are, however, impressed by the company’s efforts to reward shareholders through dividends and buybacks.”
- 9/12/2017 – Alaska Air Group had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cowen and Company. They now have a $103.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/1/2017 – Alaska Air Group was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “strong-buy” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 8/22/2017 – Alaska Air Group was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating.
- 8/17/2017 – Alaska Air Group had its price target lowered by analysts at Morgan Stanley from $101.00 to $96.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
Alaska Air Group, Inc. (ALK) traded up 4.05% during mid-day trading on Tuesday, hitting $80.15. The stock had a trading volume of 1,936,236 shares. Alaska Air Group, Inc. has a one year low of $67.76 and a one year high of $101.43. The firm’s 50-day moving average price is $75.94 and its 200 day moving average price is $85.40. The company has a market cap of $9.90 billion, a PE ratio of 13.03 and a beta of 0.99.
Alaska Air Group (NYSE:ALK) last posted its earnings results on Wednesday, July 26th. The transportation company reported $2.51 EPS for the quarter, missing the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $2.52 by ($0.01). Alaska Air Group had a net margin of 11.02% and a return on equity of 30.04%. The business had revenue of $2.10 billion during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $2.10 billion. During the same quarter in the prior year, the firm earned $2.12 EPS. Alaska Air Group’s revenue for the quarter was up 40.7% compared to the same quarter last year. On average, equities research analysts anticipate that Alaska Air Group, Inc. will post $7.52 EPS for the current year.
The firm also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Thursday, September 7th. Investors of record on Tuesday, August 22nd were given a dividend of $0.30 per share. This represents a $1.20 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 1.50%. The ex-dividend date was Friday, August 18th. Alaska Air Group’s payout ratio is 19.48%.
In other Alaska Air Group news, Chairman Bradley D. Tilden sold 2,400 shares of Alaska Air Group stock in a transaction dated Tuesday, August 8th. The shares were sold at an average price of $85.83, for a total transaction of $205,992.00. Following the completion of the sale, the chairman now directly owns 140,346 shares in the company, valued at $12,045,897.18. The sale was disclosed in a document filed with the SEC, which is available through this hyperlink. Also, EVP Andrew R. Harrison sold 2,350 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Monday, August 7th. The shares were sold at an average price of $86.03, for a total transaction of $202,170.50. Following the completion of the sale, the executive vice president now directly owns 21,328 shares in the company, valued at $1,834,847.84. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders have sold a total of 10,350 shares of company stock valued at $937,251 over the last three months. Corporate insiders own 0.57% of the company’s stock.
Alaska Air Group, Inc is the holding company of Alaska Airlines (Alaska), Virgin America Inc, Horizon Air (Horizon) and other business units. The Company operates through three segments: Mainline, Regional and Horizon. Its Mainline segment includes Alaska’s and Virgin America’s scheduled air transportation for passengers and cargo throughout the United States, and in parts of Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica and Cuba.
Receive News & Ratings for Alaska Air Group Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Alaska Air Group Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.