Henry Schein (HSIC) – Investment Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Changes
Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Henry Schein (NASDAQ: HSIC):
- 9/28/2017 – Henry Schein had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a $88.50 price target on the stock.
- 9/21/2017 – Henry Schein is now covered by analysts at Morgan Stanley. They set an “equal weight” rating and a $88.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/19/2017 – Henry Schein is now covered by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada. They set a “sector perform” rating and a $91.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/15/2017 – Henry Schein was upgraded by analysts at Piper Jaffray Companies from a “neutral” rating to an “overweight” rating.
- 9/15/2017 – Henry Schein had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at UBS AG.
- 8/29/2017 – Henry Schein had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Credit Suisse Group. They now have a $87.50 price target on the stock.
- 8/9/2017 – Henry Schein was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Henry Schein exited second-quarter 2017 on a solid note with earnings and sales beating the Zacks Consensus Estimate. Apart from balanced growth across all its operating segments, Henry Schein's share gains in both the U.S. and overseas markets raise optimism. We are also positive about the company opening a National Distribution Service Center to strengthen its presence in central Ohio. On the flip side, over the last three months, the company has underperformed the broader industry. Also, despite the better-than-expected earnings, we are disappointed with the company’s unchanged EPS guidance for 2017. Meanwhile, Henry Schein’s venture in digital dentistry through DENTSPLY SIRONA deal may intensify its already weak operating margin scenario on escalating education and training expenses. Also, foreign currency fluctuations continued to mar the company’s financials.”
- 8/7/2017 – Henry Schein was upgraded by analysts at Northcoast Research from a “neutral” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $109.00 price target on the stock.
Shares of Henry Schein, Inc. (HSIC) opened at 81.58 on Wednesday. Henry Schein, Inc. has a 52-week low of $73.11 and a 52-week high of $93.50. The company’s 50-day moving average price is $83.79 and its 200-day moving average price is $87.65. The firm has a market capitalization of $12.90 billion, a P/E ratio of 23.84 and a beta of 1.09.
Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC) last issued its quarterly earnings data on Tuesday, August 8th. The company reported $0.88 EPS for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $0.86 by $0.02. Henry Schein had a net margin of 4.59% and a return on equity of 19.91%. The business had revenue of $3.06 billion during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $3.05 billion. During the same period last year, the business posted $0.82 earnings per share. Henry Schein’s quarterly revenue was up 6.4% compared to the same quarter last year. On average, equities research analysts expect that Henry Schein, Inc. will post $3.64 EPS for the current fiscal year.
In other news, SVP Paul Rose sold 2,126 shares of the stock in a transaction that occurred on Wednesday, September 6th. The stock was sold at an average price of $172.51, for a total value of $366,756.26. Following the completion of the transaction, the senior vice president now owns 17,841 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $3,077,750.91. The sale was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which can be accessed through this hyperlink. 1.27% of the stock is currently owned by corporate insiders.
Henry Schein, Inc is a provider of healthcare products and services primarily to office-based dental, animal health and medical practitioners. The Company operates through two segments: healthcare distribution, and technology and value-added services. The healthcare distribution segment distributes consumable products, small equipment, laboratory products, large equipment, equipment repair services, branded and generic pharmaceuticals, vaccines, surgical products, diagnostic tests, infection-control products and vitamins.
Receive News & Ratings for Henry Schein Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Henry Schein Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.