Investment Analysts’ Recent Ratings Updates for XL Group (XL)
Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of XL Group (NYSE: XL) in the last few weeks:
- 10/2/2017 – XL Group had its price target lowered by analysts at UBS AG from $46.00 to $44.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 10/2/2017 – XL Group had its price target lowered by analysts at Citigroup Inc. from $43.00 to $41.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 10/2/2017 – XL Group was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 9/26/2017 – XL Group was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Shares of XL Group outperformed the industry in the year to date. XL holds a premier position in global specialty insurance and reinsurance markets owing to the acquisition of Catlin Group in 2015. The buyout helped it to increase alternative capital opportunities and business in the Lloyd's platform. Its inorganic story remains impressive with strategic acquisitions. Also, XL Group announced its intention to re-domesticate to Bermuda as it has considerable operations there. It also remains focused on tapping opportunities in the emerging economies alongside engaging in shareholder-friendly moves. However, negative pricing across business lines as well as increasing expenses remain headwinds for XL Group.”
- 9/21/2017 – XL Group had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Keefe, Bruyette & Woods. They now have a $50.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/19/2017 – XL Group had its price target lowered by analysts at UBS AG from $48.00 to $46.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 9/11/2017 – XL Group is now covered by analysts at Buckingham Research. They set a “neutral” rating and a $42.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/6/2017 – XL Group was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 8/29/2017 – XL Group had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada. They now have a $53.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/23/2017 – XL Group was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
Shares of XL Group Ltd. (NYSE XL) opened at 39.80 on Wednesday. The stock’s 50 day moving average price is $40.63 and its 200-day moving average price is $42.21. The firm has a market capitalization of $10.27 billion, a PE ratio of 13.02 and a beta of 1.00. XL Group Ltd. has a 12 month low of $33.01 and a 12 month high of $47.27.
XL Group (NYSE:XL) last issued its earnings results on Wednesday, July 26th. The insurance provider reported $0.96 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $0.88 by $0.08. The business had revenue of $2.74 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $2.78 billion. XL Group had a net margin of 7.53% and a return on equity of 4.88%. During the same period in the previous year, the business earned $0.37 EPS. On average, equities analysts anticipate that XL Group Ltd. will post $3.28 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
The firm also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Monday, October 2nd. Shareholders of record on Friday, September 15th were paid a dividend of $0.22 per share. This represents a $0.88 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 2.21%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend was Thursday, September 14th. XL Group’s dividend payout ratio is 28.57%.
In other XL Group news, Director Joseph Mauriello sold 3,043 shares of XL Group stock in a transaction that occurred on Tuesday, August 1st. The stock was sold at an average price of $44.55, for a total transaction of $135,565.65. Following the sale, the director now directly owns 55,008 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $2,450,606.40. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which can be accessed through the SEC website. 3.02% of the stock is owned by company insiders.
XL Group plc is an insurance and reinsurance company providing property, casualty and specialty products to industrial, commercial and professional firms, insurance companies and other enterprises. The Company operates through two segments: Insurance and Reinsurance. The Company’s Insurance segment is organized into four product divisions: Global Casualty (Casualty); Global Energy Property, & Construction (EPC); Global Professional (Professional), and Global Specialty (Specialty).
Receive News & Ratings for XL Group Ltd Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for XL Group Ltd and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.