Pfizer (PFE) – Research Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Updates
Pfizer (NYSE: PFE) has recently received a number of price target changes and ratings updates:
- 10/3/2017 – Pfizer was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $40.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Pfizer is working on strengthening its product portfolio through acquisitions and licensing deals. However, Pfizer continues to face headwinds in the form of genericization of key drugs, lost alliance revenues, pricing pressure and rising competition which is hurting sales. Though Pfizer’s growing immuno-oncology portfolio offers strong potential, many of these assets are in early stage of development. Nonetheless, we believe that new products like Ibrance, contribution from acquisitions, cost-cutting efforts and share buybacks should help the company achieve its guidance. Pfizer also boasts a strong pipeline and expects approximately 25 to 30 drug approvals over the next five years, including around 15 products that have blockbuster potential. Bavencio is being considered a key long-term growth driver for Pfizer. The company has a mixed record of earnings surprises in recent quarters. Estimates have remained stable ahead of its Q3 results.”
- 9/20/2017 – Pfizer was upgraded by analysts at Morgan Stanley from an “equal weight” rating to an “overweight” rating. They now have a $39.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $35.00.
- 9/19/2017 – Pfizer was given a new $39.00 price target on by analysts at Sanford C. Bernstein. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 9/18/2017 – Pfizer was given a new $37.00 price target on by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 9/14/2017 – Pfizer had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a $37.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/13/2017 – Pfizer was downgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a $35.71 price target on the stock.
- 9/6/2017 – Pfizer had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a $37.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/24/2017 – Pfizer was given a new $35.00 price target on by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 8/18/2017 – Pfizer had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a $35.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/15/2017 – Pfizer had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Berenberg Bank. They now have a $36.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $39.00.
- 8/14/2017 – Pfizer was given a new $43.00 price target on by analysts at Cowen and Company. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 8/5/2017 – Pfizer was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “strong sell” rating to a “sell” rating.
Pfizer, Inc. (NYSE:PFE) opened at 36.14 on Wednesday. The firm has a 50-day moving average price of $34.48 and a 200-day moving average price of $33.64. The firm has a market cap of $214.94 billion, a PE ratio of 26.44 and a beta of 1.00. Pfizer, Inc. has a one year low of $29.83 and a one year high of $36.21. Pfizer also was the target of some unusual options trading on Monday. Stock traders acquired 24,211 call options on the company. This represents an increase of approximately 129% compared to the average volume of 10,577 call options.
Pfizer (NYSE:PFE) last released its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, August 1st. The biopharmaceutical company reported $0.67 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $0.65 by $0.02. Pfizer had a return on equity of 24.51% and a net margin of 15.84%. The business had revenue of $12.90 billion for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $13.08 billion. During the same quarter last year, the business posted $0.64 earnings per share. The company’s revenue for the quarter was down 1.9% on a year-over-year basis. On average, equities analysts expect that Pfizer, Inc. will post $2.56 EPS for the current fiscal year.
The company also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Friday, December 1st. Stockholders of record on Friday, November 10th will be issued a $0.32 dividend. This represents a $1.28 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 3.54%. The ex-dividend date is Thursday, November 9th. Pfizer’s payout ratio is currently 94.12%.
In related news, insider Sally Susman sold 38,230 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Tuesday, September 12th. The stock was sold at an average price of $35.00, for a total value of $1,338,050.00. Following the completion of the sale, the insider now owns 145,649 shares in the company, valued at approximately $5,097,715. The transaction was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through this link. Also, insider Alexander R. Mackenzie sold 15,000 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Monday, August 7th. The stock was sold at an average price of $33.50, for a total value of $502,500.00. Following the completion of the sale, the insider now owns 151,474 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $5,074,379. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders sold a total of 464,521 shares of company stock valued at $15,813,961 over the last quarter. Company insiders own 0.06% of the company’s stock.
Pfizer Inc (Pfizer) is a research-based global biopharmaceutical company. The Company is engaged in the discovery, development and manufacture of healthcare products. Its global portfolio includes medicines and vaccines, as well as consumer healthcare products. The Company manages its commercial operations through two business segments: Pfizer Innovative Health (IH) and Pfizer Essential Health (EH).
Receive News & Ratings for Pfizer Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Pfizer Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.