Recent Research Analysts’ Ratings Changes for Mondelez International (MDLZ)
Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Mondelez International (NASDAQ: MDLZ) in the last few weeks:
- 10/3/2017 – Mondelez International had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada. They now have a $53.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/3/2017 – Mondelez International was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $46.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Mondelez has an attractive portfolio of iconic brands, commanding presence in impulsive categories and fast-growing emerging markets. Mondelez’s margins have remained constantly strong backed by cost savings and productivity gains. Also, shares of the company outperformed its industry year to date. The company has a mostly positive record of earnings surprises in recent quarters. However, Mondelez’s volumes have been hurt since 2014 by the elasticity impact from higher pricing and category weakness because of soft consumer demand. Moreover, with a significant portion of its sales coming from the international markets, currency is a significant top-line headwind.”
- 9/20/2017 – Mondelez International had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Sanford C. Bernstein. They now have a $55.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/19/2017 – Mondelez International had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Piper Jaffray Companies. They now have a $49.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/1/2017 – Mondelez International had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada.
- 8/9/2017 – Mondelez International had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at UBS AG. They now have a $51.00 price target on the stock.
Mondelez International, Inc. (NASDAQ:MDLZ) opened at 40.94 on Wednesday. Mondelez International, Inc. has a 52 week low of $40.04 and a 52 week high of $47.23. The company has a 50-day moving average of $41.38 and a 200 day moving average of $43.74. The company has a market cap of $61.72 billion, a P/E ratio of 36.01 and a beta of 1.20. Mondelez International also was the target of unusually large options trading on Monday. Investors acquired 13,566 put options on the company. This represents an increase of 164% compared to the typical daily volume of 5,137 put options.
Mondelez International (NASDAQ:MDLZ) last released its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, August 2nd. The company reported $0.48 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $0.46 by $0.02. Mondelez International had a return on equity of 11.96% and a net margin of 6.92%. The firm had revenue of $5.99 billion for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $5.98 billion. During the same quarter last year, the firm posted $0.44 EPS. The company’s revenue was down 5.0% compared to the same quarter last year. On average, equities analysts forecast that Mondelez International, Inc. will post $2.12 EPS for the current fiscal year.
The firm also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Thursday, October 12th. Stockholders of record on Friday, September 29th will be issued a dividend of $0.22 per share. This is a positive change from Mondelez International’s previous quarterly dividend of $0.19. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Thursday, September 28th. This represents a $0.88 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 2.15%. Mondelez International’s payout ratio is presently 77.19%.
In related news, EVP Maurizio Brusadelli sold 6,248 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Tuesday, August 8th. The shares were sold at an average price of $43.76, for a total value of $273,412.48. Following the sale, the executive vice president now directly owns 61,651 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $2,697,847.76. The sale was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available at the SEC website. Also, EVP Daniel P. Myers sold 7,000 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Tuesday, September 12th. The shares were sold at an average price of $40.94, for a total transaction of $286,580.00. Following the completion of the sale, the executive vice president now directly owns 20,965 shares in the company, valued at $858,307.10. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. 3.60% of the stock is currently owned by insiders.
Mondelez International, Inc is a snack company. The Company manufactures and markets snack food and beverage products for consumers. It operates through four segments: Latin America, Asia, Middle East, and Africa (AMEA), Europe and North America. As of December 31, 2016, its brands spanned five product categories: Biscuits (including cookies, crackers and salted snacks); Chocolate; Gum and candy; Beverages (including coffee and powdered beverages), and Cheese and grocery.
Receive News & Ratings for Mondelez International Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Mondelez International Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.