Weekly Investment Analysts’ Ratings Changes for Twitter (TWTR)
Twitter (NYSE: TWTR) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 10/2/2017 – Twitter had its “underweight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Morgan Stanley. They now have a $10.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/28/2017 – Twitter had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a $16.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/28/2017 – Twitter was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 9/15/2017 – Twitter was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 9/13/2017 – Twitter had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a $17.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/1/2017 – Twitter had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Robert W. Baird. They now have a $17.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/1/2017 – Twitter was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 8/25/2017 – Twitter had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at KeyCorp.
- 8/24/2017 – Twitter was downgraded by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a $16.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $20.00. They wrote, “clear winner” in the social media space, and it isn’t Twitter.While Twitter’s social media platform does have a strong brand image, advertiser ROI has “dissipated” over the years, Thill commented in his downgrade note. In fact, a steady improvement in engagement from its core users hasn’t translated into revenue growth for the company which implies “monetization is slipping” at a time when the digital advertising industry is growing at more than 15 percent.Meanwhile, Twitter’s desire to become a global leader in digital live video is “interesting” but the company is overshadowed by much larger peers, including Facebook Inc (NASDAQ: FB) and Alphabet Inc (NASDAQ: GOOG) (NASDAQ: GOOGL). Both Facebook and Alphabet “have much stronger digital video propositions for advertisers with much larger and more engaged user bases,” the analyst added.Moving forward, there are three areas in which Twitter needs to demonstrate improvement, including:Increased adoption from advertisers which will translate to growing ARPU (average revenue per user).A return to growing its user base in key regions like the U.S. and Europe.Improvements in user engagement and matching revenue growth.Bottom line, while recent management changes in the company could improve various aspects of Twitter’s business going forward, the “clear winner”
- 8/15/2017 – Twitter is now covered by analysts at SunTrust Banks, Inc.. They set a “hold” rating and a $16.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/10/2017 – Twitter had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at MKM Partners. They now have a $18.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $16.00.
- 8/10/2017 – Twitter had its “sell” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Citigroup Inc.. They now have a $12.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/7/2017 – Twitter was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Twitter reported second quarter 2017 results wherein adjusted loss came in narrower than expected while revenues beat the Zacks Consensus Estimate. Moreover, costs are coming down considerably while adjusted EBITDA was way above the forecasted range in the second quarter. To boost user growth rate and engagement levels, Twitter remains focused on “live” and betting big on Periscope. It is now exploring beyond just news and the series of live streaming deals are a step in that direction. Though monthly average users were up 5% year over year, it was unchanged from the last quarter at 328 million users. Stiff competition for ad dollars continues to be a major concern. Shares have underperformed the broader market in the past one year.”
- 8/7/2017 – Twitter is now covered by analysts at Mizuho. They set an “underperform” rating and a $14.50 price target on the stock.
Twitter, Inc. (NYSE:TWTR) opened at 17.59 on Wednesday. Twitter, Inc. has a 52-week low of $14.12 and a 52-week high of $25.25. The company’s market capitalization is $12.89 billion. The stock has a 50 day moving average price of $17.06 and a 200 day moving average price of $17.08.
Twitter (NYSE:TWTR) last announced its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, July 27th. The social networking company reported $0.08 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $0.05 by $0.03. The business had revenue of $574.00 million during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $536.63 million. Twitter had a negative net margin of 18.25% and a negative return on equity of 2.91%. The firm’s revenue for the quarter was down 4.7% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the prior year, the company posted $0.13 EPS. Equities research analysts forecast that Twitter, Inc. will post $0.33 earnings per share for the current year.
In other Twitter news, General Counsel Vijaya Gadde sold 7,500 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction on Monday, July 10th. The shares were sold at an average price of $18.03, for a total transaction of $135,225.00. The sale was disclosed in a filing with the SEC, which can be accessed through this hyperlink. Also, insider Robert Kaiden sold 4,725 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction on Tuesday, August 1st. The shares were sold at an average price of $16.06, for a total transaction of $75,883.50. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders sold 2,253,600 shares of company stock worth $40,779,711 in the last 90 days. Corporate insiders own 9.18% of the company’s stock.
Twitter, Inc offers products and services for users, advertisers, developers and data partners. The Company’s products and services include Twitter, Periscope, Promoted Tweets, Promoted Accounts and Promoted Trends. Its Twitter is a platform for public self-expression and conversation in real time. Periscope broadcasts can also be viewed through Twitter and on desktop or mobile Web browser.
Receive News & Ratings for Twitter Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Twitter Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.