Weekly Investment Analysts’ Ratings Changes for Viacom (VIAB)
A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB):
- 10/3/2017 – Viacom was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “strong sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Shares of Viacom have underperformed the industry it belongs to in a year. Morever, declining domestic advertising revenues are hurting the company. The bleak outlook with respect to domestic affiliate revenues in the fiscal fourth quarter also remains a concern. Viacom's high debt levels are also concerning. The company is also liable to be hurt by adverse foreign currency movement as it operates globally. The pessimism surrounding the stocks is evident from the Zacks Consensus Estimate for current quarter being revised 6.4% downward over the last 60 days. However, the company's efforts to expand portfolio and shareholder-friendly moves are impressive. “
- 9/26/2017 – Viacom had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Piper Jaffray Companies. They now have a $40.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/25/2017 – Viacom had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Loop Capital. They now have a $32.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $36.00.
- 9/19/2017 – Viacom had its price target lowered by analysts at Cowen and Company from $41.00 to $31.00.
- 9/12/2017 – Viacom had its “underperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Sanford C. Bernstein.
- 9/12/2017 – Viacom had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Needham & Company LLC.
- 9/5/2017 – Viacom was downgraded by analysts at Wells Fargo & Company from an “outperform” rating to a “market perform” rating.
- 8/25/2017 – Viacom had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at KeyCorp.
- 8/17/2017 – Viacom was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 8/9/2017 – Viacom had its “underperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada. They now have a $30.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $35.00.
- 8/9/2017 – Viacom had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a $43.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $52.00.
- 8/9/2017 – Viacom had its “market perform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a $35.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $42.00.
- 8/7/2017 – Viacom had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Barclays PLC.
Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ VIAB) opened at 27.55 on Wednesday. The company has a market capitalization of $11.08 billion, a P/E ratio of 7.58 and a beta of 1.57. The company has a 50-day moving average of $28.12 and a 200-day moving average of $35.05. Viacom Inc. has a 1-year low of $26.65 and a 1-year high of $46.72.
Viacom (NASDAQ:VIAB) last issued its earnings results on Thursday, August 3rd. The company reported $1.17 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $1.05 by $0.12. The firm had revenue of $3.36 billion during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $3.29 billion. Viacom had a net margin of 11.04% and a return on equity of 30.89%. The business’s revenue was up 8.3% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the previous year, the firm earned $1.05 earnings per share. Equities analysts expect that Viacom Inc. will post $3.86 EPS for the current fiscal year.
The business also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Monday, October 2nd. Shareholders of record on Friday, September 15th were given a $0.20 dividend. The ex-dividend date was Thursday, September 14th. This represents a $0.80 annualized dividend and a yield of 2.90%. Viacom’s dividend payout ratio (DPR) is 21.98%.
Viacom Inc offers global media brands that create television programs, motion pictures, short-form content, applications, games, consumer products, social media experiences and other entertainment content. As of September 30, 2016, the Company offered its services for audiences in more than 180 countries.
Receive News & Ratings for Viacom Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Viacom Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.