Investment Analysts’ Recent Ratings Changes for Groupon (GRPN)
A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Groupon (NASDAQ: GRPN):
- 10/4/2017 – Groupon was downgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “strong-buy” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $5.83 price target on the stock.
- 9/25/2017 – Groupon was upgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “hold” rating to a “strong-buy” rating. They now have a $6.58 price target on the stock.
- 9/22/2017 – Groupon is now covered by analysts at DA Davidson. They set a “buy” rating and a $5.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/21/2017 – Groupon had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Piper Jaffray Companies. They now have a $5.50 price target on the stock.
- 8/23/2017 – Groupon had its “positive” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Wedbush. They now have a $4.08 price target on the stock, down previously from $4.50.
- 8/9/2017 – Groupon had its “underweight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Barclays PLC. They now have a $3.85 price target on the stock, up previously from $3.40.
- 8/8/2017 – Groupon had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at B. Riley. They now have a $5.50 price target on the stock.
Shares of Groupon, Inc. (NASDAQ:GRPN) traded down 1.35% during trading on Thursday, reaching $5.11. The company’s stock had a trading volume of 1,417,048 shares. The firm’s market cap is $2.84 billion. The stock’s 50 day moving average is $4.44 and its 200 day moving average is $3.84. Groupon, Inc. has a one year low of $2.90 and a one year high of $5.38.
Groupon (NASDAQ:GRPN) last released its earnings results on Wednesday, August 2nd. The coupon company reported $0.02 EPS for the quarter, topping analysts’ consensus estimates of ($0.04) by $0.06. Groupon had a negative return on equity of 13.08% and a negative net margin of 4.16%. The firm had revenue of $662.60 million for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $668.84 million. During the same period in the prior year, the firm posted ($0.01) earnings per share. The company’s quarterly revenue was down 8.5% on a year-over-year basis. On average, equities analysts forecast that Groupon, Inc. will post $0.12 EPS for the current fiscal year.
In other news, Director Eric P. Lefkofsky sold 750,000 shares of the stock in a transaction on Wednesday, September 6th. The stock was sold at an average price of $4.40, for a total value of $3,300,000.00. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which is available through this link. Also, insider James Sullivan sold 25,000 shares of the stock in a transaction on Thursday, September 28th. The stock was sold at an average price of $4.90, for a total value of $122,500.00. Following the completion of the sale, the insider now directly owns 353,524 shares in the company, valued at $1,732,267.60. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Over the last three months, insiders sold 2,872,719 shares of company stock worth $12,375,267. Insiders own 23.40% of the company’s stock.
Groupon, Inc operates online local commerce marketplaces around the world that connect merchants to consumers by offering goods and services at a discount. The Company operates through three segments: North America, which represents the United States and Canada; EMEA, which consists of Europe, and the Middle East and Africa, and the remainder of its international operations (Rest of World).
Receive News & Ratings for Groupon Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Groupon Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.