Weekly Research Analysts’ Ratings Updates for Prothena Corporation PLC (PRTA)
Prothena Corporation PLC (NASDAQ: PRTA) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 10/6/2017 – Prothena Corporation PLC was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 10/2/2017 – Prothena Corporation PLC had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at SunTrust Banks, Inc.. They now have a $75.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/2/2017 – Prothena Corporation PLC had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a $100.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/1/2017 – Prothena Corporation PLC had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Deutsche Bank AG.
- 9/29/2017 – Prothena Corporation PLC had its price target lowered by analysts at BTIG Research from $80.00 to $77.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 9/29/2017 – Prothena Corporation PLC had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada.
- 9/28/2017 – Prothena Corporation PLC had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cantor Fitzgerald. They now have a $79.00 price target on the stock. They wrote, “Gotta be in it to win it. The logic behind impeding cell trafficking as a means treating T cell-mediated autoimmune disorders has been established with Tysabri in relapsing forms of MS, so the merits of pursuing non-CNS indications makes abundant sense to us.””
- 9/14/2017 – Prothena Corporation PLC is now covered by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada. They set an “outperform” rating and a $87.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/1/2017 – Prothena Corporation PLC was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 8/16/2017 – Prothena Corporation PLC is now covered by analysts at Evercore ISI. They set an “outperform” rating and a $83.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/11/2017 – Prothena Corporation PLC was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $66.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “The narrower-than-expected loss in the second quarter was encouraging. Prothena’s efforts on developing its pipeline are encouraging. The company's license agreement with Roche for the development and commercialization of selected antibodies targeting alpha-synuclein is a big positive. The collaboration not only boosts Prothena’s pipeline development but also provides it with funds in the form of research reimbursement and milestone payments. Prothena recently earned a $30 million of milestone payment from Roche. The company’s shares have outperformed the industry in the past one year. We expect investor focus to remain on further updates from its late-stage candidate, NEOD001. However, Prothena is highly dependent on its collaboration partners for the development of its candidates. The company itself does not have enough resources to independently conduct studies on its candidates.”
Shares of Prothena Corporation PLC (PRTA) opened at 62.60 on Friday. The firm’s 50-day moving average is $61.51 and its 200 day moving average is $57.20. Prothena Corporation PLC has a one year low of $40.58 and a one year high of $70.00. The firm’s market capitalization is $2.40 billion.
Prothena Corporation PLC (NASDAQ:PRTA) last posted its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, August 8th. The biotechnology company reported ($0.46) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping analysts’ consensus estimates of ($0.89) by $0.43. The firm had revenue of $26.81 million for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $16.08 million. Prothena Corporation PLC had a negative return on equity of 33.20% and a negative net margin of 527.56%. The company’s revenue for the quarter was up 7951.1% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the prior year, the business earned ($1.18) EPS. Equities research analysts predict that Prothena Corporation PLC will post ($4.41) earnings per share for the current year.
In other Prothena Corporation PLC news, Director Dennis J. Selkoe sold 3,500 shares of the stock in a transaction that occurred on Monday, October 2nd. The stock was sold at an average price of $64.17, for a total transaction of $224,595.00. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which is available through this hyperlink. Also, insider Tara Nickerson sold 17,500 shares of the stock in a transaction that occurred on Monday, September 25th. The stock was sold at an average price of $63.60, for a total value of $1,113,000.00. Following the transaction, the insider now owns 19,500 shares in the company, valued at $1,240,200. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders have sold a total of 34,424 shares of company stock worth $2,247,237 over the last 90 days. Company insiders own 3.10% of the company’s stock.
Prothena Corporation Public Limited Company is a global biotechnology company. The Company is focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of immunotherapies for the treatment of diseases that involve protein misfolding or cell adhesion. The Company’s clinical pipeline of antibody-based product candidates targets a range of indications, including Amyloid Light-chain (AL) amyloidosis (NEOD001), Parkinson’s disease and other related synucleinopathies (PRX002), and inflammatory diseases, including psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis (PRX003) and ATTR amyloidosis (PRX004).
Receive News & Ratings for Prothena Corporation PLC Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Prothena Corporation PLC and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.