Regal Entertainment Group (RGC) – Research Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Updates
Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE: RGC):
- 10/10/2017 – Regal Entertainment Group was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Regal Entertainment Group is a leading motion picture exhibitor operating the largest theatre circuit in the United States. The Company’s nationwide theatre circuit is comprised of Regal Cinemas Corporation, United Artists Theatre Company and Edwards Theatres, Inc. “
- 10/9/2017 – Regal Entertainment Group had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Wedbush. They now have a $23.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $19.00.
- 10/5/2017 – Regal Entertainment Group was upgraded by analysts at Morgan Stanley from an “underweight” rating to an “equal weight” rating. They now have a $17.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/28/2017 – Regal Entertainment Group had its price target lowered by analysts at Credit Suisse Group from $17.00 to $13.00. They now have an “underperform” rating on the stock.
- 9/26/2017 – Regal Entertainment Group had its price target lowered by analysts at Benchmark Co. from $24.00 to $19.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 9/18/2017 – Regal Entertainment Group had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at MKM Partners. They now have a $20.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/5/2017 – Regal Entertainment Group was upgraded by analysts at MKM Partners from a “neutral” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $22.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $20.00. They noted that the move was a valuation call. They noted that the move was a valuation call.
Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE RGC) traded up 0.06% during trading on Wednesday, reaching $16.01. The company’s stock had a trading volume of 3,789,752 shares. Regal Entertainment Group has a 52-week low of $13.90 and a 52-week high of $24.79. The company has a market cap of $2.50 billion, a PE ratio of 14.87 and a beta of 0.97. The stock has a 50-day moving average price of $15.73 and a 200 day moving average price of $19.20.
Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE:RGC) last posted its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, July 26th. The company reported $0.16 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing analysts’ consensus estimates of $0.18 by ($0.02). Regal Entertainment Group had a negative return on equity of 20.42% and a net margin of 5.24%. The firm had revenue of $764.20 million during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $764.15 million. During the same quarter in the previous year, the company posted $0.23 earnings per share. Regal Entertainment Group’s revenue for the quarter was down 2.8% compared to the same quarter last year. On average, analysts expect that Regal Entertainment Group will post $0.97 EPS for the current year.
The company also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Friday, September 15th. Stockholders of record on Tuesday, September 5th were issued a $0.22 dividend. This represents a $0.88 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 5.50%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend was Thursday, August 31st. Regal Entertainment Group’s payout ratio is currently 82.24%.
In other news, Director Stephen A. Kaplan acquired 10,000 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction dated Friday, August 25th. The stock was purchased at an average cost of $14.87 per share, for a total transaction of $148,700.00. Following the acquisition, the director now owns 155,572 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $2,313,355.64. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the SEC, which can be accessed through this hyperlink. Also, Director Thomas D. Bell, Jr. acquired 25,000 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction dated Tuesday, August 29th. The stock was purchased at an average price of $14.76 per share, with a total value of $369,000.00. Following the completion of the acquisition, the director now directly owns 126,939 shares in the company, valued at approximately $1,873,619.64. The disclosure for this purchase can be found here. Insiders bought a total of 242,500 shares of company stock valued at $641,000 over the last quarter. Company insiders own 2.00% of the company’s stock.
Regal Entertainment Group is an operator of theatre circuits in the United States. As of March 31, 2017, the Company operated 7,262 screens in 559 theatres in 43 states along with Guam, Saipan, American Samoa and the District of Columbia. The Company manages its business under theatre exhibition operations segment.
Receive News & Ratings for Regal Entertainment Group Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Regal Entertainment Group and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.