Analysts’ Recent Ratings Updates for QEP Resources (QEP)
A number of firms have modified their ratings and price targets on shares of QEP Resources (NYSE: QEP) recently:
- 10/11/2017 – QEP Resources had its price target raised by analysts at Barclays PLC from $8.00 to $9.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 10/10/2017 – QEP Resources was given a new $11.00 price target on by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 10/2/2017 – QEP Resources was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “strong sell” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 9/27/2017 – QEP Resources had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at KLR Group. They now have a $14.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $15.00.
- 9/26/2017 – QEP Resources had its price target lowered by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus from $26.00 to $23.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 9/26/2017 – QEP Resources had its price target lowered by analysts at Barclays PLC from $9.00 to $8.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 9/18/2017 – QEP Resources had its price target lowered by analysts at Piper Jaffray Companies from $20.00 to $12.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 9/8/2017 – QEP Resources was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating.
- 8/25/2017 – QEP Resources was given a new $12.00 price target on by analysts at Cowen and Company. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
QEP Resources, Inc. (NYSE QEP) traded down 1.33% on Thursday, hitting $8.91. 694,060 shares of the company were exchanged. QEP Resources, Inc. has a 52 week low of $7.02 and a 52 week high of $21.12. The stock’s market capitalization is $2.14 billion. The company has a 50 day moving average price of $8.07 and a 200-day moving average price of $9.58.
QEP Resources (NYSE:QEP) last announced its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, July 26th. The pipeline company reported ($0.12) EPS for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of ($0.20) by $0.08. QEP Resources had a negative net margin of 3.90% and a negative return on equity of 4.24%. The company had revenue of $383.70 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $413.27 million. During the same period in the prior year, the firm posted ($0.23) EPS. QEP Resources’s revenue for the quarter was up 15.0% on a year-over-year basis. On average, equities analysts expect that QEP Resources, Inc. will post ($0.59) earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
In other news, Director David A. Trice acquired 25,000 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Thursday, August 17th. The shares were bought at an average cost of $7.20 per share, with a total value of $180,000.00. Following the transaction, the director now owns 40,000 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $288,000. The purchase was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available at this hyperlink. Also, Director Julie Dill acquired 5,000 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Friday, July 28th. The shares were purchased at an average cost of $8.49 per share, for a total transaction of $42,450.00. Following the completion of the transaction, the director now directly owns 5,525 shares in the company, valued at approximately $46,907.25. The disclosure for this purchase can be found here. Insiders have purchased a total of 42,500 shares of company stock worth $321,325 over the last three months. 1.36% of the stock is currently owned by insiders.
QEP Resources, Inc is an independent crude oil and natural gas exploration and production company. The Company focuses on two regions of the United States: the Northern Region (primarily in North Dakota, Wyoming and Utah) and the Southern Region (primarily in Texas and Louisiana). The Company conducts exploration and production activities in North America’s hydrocarbon resource plays.
Receive News & Ratings for QEP Resources Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for QEP Resources Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.