Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Changes for Jack In The Box (JACK)
Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Jack In The Box (NASDAQ: JACK):
- 10/12/2017 – Jack In The Box had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a $120.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/11/2017 – Jack In The Box was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Jack in the Box makes regular menu innovations and plans to continue focusing on improving the guest experience at both brands via operational excellence. In addition, its premium and value offerings at Jack In the Box along with increased focus on breakfast menu to combat competition bode well. Increased focus on franchising should also drive long-term growth. Meanwhile comps at the Qdoba brand have been suffering due to poor restaurant level execution. A choppy sales environment in the U.S. restaurant space has further been hurting comps at both the brands and might continue doing so. Notably, Jack in the Box’s shares have underperformed the industry year-to-date. Further, higher costs might continue to hurt margins. Nonetheless, expansion of third-party delivery channels at both brands should also increase transactions and sales. Efforts to reinvigorate the Qdoba brand also bodes well.”
- 10/4/2017 – Jack In The Box was upgraded by analysts at Telsey Advisory Group from a “market perform” rating to an “outperform” rating. They now have a $118.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/2/2017 – Jack In The Box is now covered by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus. They set a “hold” rating and a $105.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/19/2017 – Jack In The Box had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Robert W. Baird. They now have a $115.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/31/2017 – Jack In The Box had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a $120.00 price target on the stock.
Shares of Jack In The Box Inc. (JACK) traded down 0.913% on Thursday, reaching $99.305. The company’s stock had a trading volume of 211,808 shares. The stock has a market cap of $2.92 billion, a PE ratio of 22.913 and a beta of 0.58. Jack In The Box Inc. has a 1-year low of $90.89 and a 1-year high of $113.30. The company’s 50 day moving average is $97.10 and its 200-day moving average is $99.53.
Jack In The Box (NASDAQ:JACK) last released its earnings results on Wednesday, August 9th. The restaurant operator reported $0.99 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing analysts’ consensus estimates of $1.05 by ($0.06). The company had revenue of $357.80 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $360.84 million. Jack In The Box had a net margin of 8.51% and a negative return on equity of 37.83%. Jack In The Box’s revenue was down 3.0% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the prior year, the firm posted $1.07 EPS. On average, equities analysts predict that Jack In The Box Inc. will post $4.05 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
Jack in the Box Inc operates and franchises Jack in the Box quick-service restaurants (QSRs) and Qdoba Mexican Eats (Qdoba) fast-casual restaurants. The Company operates in two segments: Jack in the Box and Qdoba restaurant operations. Qdoba is a fast-casual Mexican food brand in the United States, offering food items including burritos, tacos, salads, and quesadillas.
Receive News & Ratings for Jack In The Box Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Jack In The Box Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.