Exact Sciences Corporation (EXAS) – Research Analysts’ Recent Ratings Changes
Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Exact Sciences Corporation (NASDAQ: EXAS):
- 10/6/2017 – Exact Sciences Corporation had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Robert W. Baird. They now have a $49.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/3/2017 – Exact Sciences Corporation had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Canaccord Genuity. They now have a $60.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $45.00.
- 9/26/2017 – Exact Sciences Corporation was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $51.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “EXACT Sciences Corporation uses applied genomics to develop effective, patient-friendly screening technologies for use in the detection of cancer. Certain of its technologies have been licensed to Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings for a stool-based DNA screening assay for colorectal cancer in the average-risk population. Colorectal cancer, which is the most deadly cancer among non-smokers, is generally curable if detected early. Despite the availability of colorectal cancer screening and diagnostic tests for more than twenty years, the rate of early detection of colorectal cancer remains low, and deaths from colorectal cancer remain high. EXACT Sciences believes its genomics-based technologies would help to enable detection of colorectal cancer so that more people can be effectively treated. “
- 9/21/2017 – Exact Sciences Corporation had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Leerink Swann. They now have a $50.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $45.00.
- 9/7/2017 – Exact Sciences Corporation had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Canaccord Genuity. They now have a $45.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/25/2017 – Exact Sciences Corporation was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “strong-buy” rating.
- 8/24/2017 – Exact Sciences Corporation was given a new $45.00 price target on by analysts at Leerink Swann. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
Exact Sciences Corporation (NASDAQ:EXAS) opened at 48.91 on Thursday. The stock’s market cap is $5.82 billion. Exact Sciences Corporation has a one year low of $13.05 and a one year high of $50.65. The firm’s 50-day moving average is $44.22 and its 200 day moving average is $35.86.
Exact Sciences Corporation (NASDAQ:EXAS) last issued its quarterly earnings data on Tuesday, July 25th. The medical research company reported ($0.27) EPS for the quarter, topping analysts’ consensus estimates of ($0.37) by $0.10. The business had revenue of $57.65 million for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $47.73 million. Exact Sciences Corporation had a negative net margin of 83.08% and a negative return on equity of 36.36%. On average, analysts anticipate that Exact Sciences Corporation will post ($1.18) EPS for the current fiscal year.
In other news, Director Thomas D. Carey acquired 2,500 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction dated Thursday, August 17th. The shares were acquired at an average price of $37.71 per share, with a total value of $94,275.00. Following the purchase, the director now directly owns 60,858 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $2,294,955.18. The purchase was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which is available at this link. Also, insider Graham Peter Lidgard sold 81,025 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Monday, October 2nd. The stock was sold at an average price of $47.16, for a total transaction of $3,821,139.00. Following the sale, the insider now directly owns 366,519 shares in the company, valued at approximately $17,285,036.04. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders have sold a total of 237,444 shares of company stock worth $10,412,421 in the last ninety days. Corporate insiders own 4.00% of the company’s stock.
Exact Sciences Corporation is a molecular diagnostics company. The Company focuses on the early detection and prevention of some forms of cancer. It offers a non-invasive screening test called Cologuard for the early detection of colorectal cancer and pre-cancer. Its Cologuard test is a stool-based deoxyribonucleic acid (sDNA) screening test, which utilizes a multi-target approach to detect deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) and hemoglobin biomarkers associated with colorectal cancer and pre-cancer.
Receive News & Ratings for Exact Sciences Corporation Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Exact Sciences Corporation and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.