Planet Fitness (PLNT) – Investment Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Changes
Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Planet Fitness (NYSE: PLNT):
- 10/11/2017 – Planet Fitness was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $29.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Planet Fitness, Inc. franchises and operates fitness centers through its subsidiaries. The company’s operating segments consists of Franchise, Corporate-owned stores and Equipment. It is engaged in licensing and selling franchises under the Planet Fitness trade name, owning and operating fitness centers under the Planet Fitness trade name and selling fitness-related equipment to franchisee-owned stores. Planet Fitness, Inc. is headquartered in Newington, New Hampshire. “
- 10/5/2017 – Planet Fitness was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 10/4/2017 – Planet Fitness had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Robert W. Baird. They now have a $31.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $28.00.
- 9/22/2017 – Planet Fitness was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 9/14/2017 – Planet Fitness had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a $29.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/21/2017 – Planet Fitness had its price target raised by analysts at Roth Capital from $23.00 to $27.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 8/15/2017 – Planet Fitness had its price target raised by analysts at Imperial Capital from $25.00 to $28.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
Planet Fitness, Inc. (NYSE:PLNT) opened at 26.65 on Thursday. The stock has a 50 day moving average price of $26.37 and a 200 day moving average price of $26.37. The stock has a market cap of $2.28 billion, a PE ratio of 45.95 and a beta of 0.86. Planet Fitness, Inc. has a 52 week low of $18.32 and a 52 week high of $27.22.
Planet Fitness (NYSE:PLNT) last posted its earnings results on Wednesday, August 9th. The company reported $0.22 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating analysts’ consensus estimates of $0.19 by $0.03. Planet Fitness had a negative return on equity of 57.01% and a net margin of 8.77%. The business had revenue of $107.31 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $101.99 million. During the same quarter last year, the firm earned $0.17 earnings per share. The company’s revenue for the quarter was up 17.3% compared to the same quarter last year. On average, equities analysts predict that Planet Fitness, Inc. will post $0.47 earnings per share for the current year.
In other news, CEO Christopher Rondeau sold 20,000 shares of the stock in a transaction dated Tuesday, October 3rd. The stock was sold at an average price of $26.75, for a total value of $535,000.00. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available at the SEC website. 19.87% of the stock is currently owned by company insiders.
Planet Fitness, Inc is a franchisor and operator of fitness centers in the United States. The Company operates through three segments: Franchise; Corporate-owned stores, and Equipment. The Franchise segment includes operations related to the Company’s franchising business in the United States, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic and Canada.
Receive News & Ratings for Planet Fitness Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Planet Fitness Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.