Weekly Research Analysts’ Ratings Changes for CONSOL Energy (CNX)
Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of CONSOL Energy (NYSE: CNX) in the last few weeks:
- 10/10/2017 – CONSOL Energy had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a $20.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/10/2017 – CONSOL Energy was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Shares of CONSOL Energy have gained lower than the industry in the last six months. CONSOL's dependence on a limited group of customers for bulk sales of coal and operation of traditionally risky underground mines are headwinds. Dependence on third party assets for natural gas transportation and highly competitive natural space also remain risks. CONSOL’s focus on Exploration and Production(E&P) business continues to yield positive results. CONSOL has taken initiatives to separate its mining and E&P divisions. Thanks to its solid asset base, it is well poised to achieve the E&P production targets. CONSOL continues to lower its debt level, thanks to its free cash flow generation capability.”
- 10/4/2017 – CONSOL Energy had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Scotiabank.
- 9/25/2017 – CONSOL Energy had its price target raised by analysts at Susquehanna Bancshares Inc from $16.00 to $18.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 9/6/2017 – CONSOL Energy had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus. They now have a $24.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $26.00.
- 9/1/2017 – CONSOL Energy was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 8/28/2017 – CONSOL Energy was given a new $20.00 price target on by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 8/25/2017 – CONSOL Energy was given a new $26.00 price target on by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 8/22/2017 – CONSOL Energy was given a new $22.00 price target on by analysts at Scotiabank. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 8/14/2017 – CONSOL Energy was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
CONSOL Energy Inc. (NYSE:CNX) opened at 16.38 on Thursday. The firm has a 50-day moving average of $15.65 and a 200-day moving average of $15.54. CONSOL Energy Inc. has a one year low of $13.55 and a one year high of $22.34. The firm’s market cap is $3.77 billion.
CONSOL Energy (NYSE:CNX) last posted its earnings results on Tuesday, August 1st. The oil and gas producer reported $0.17 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating analysts’ consensus estimates of $0.10 by $0.07. CONSOL Energy had a negative net margin of 5.42% and a positive return on equity of 1.09%. The business had revenue of $865.95 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $678.79 million. During the same period last year, the business posted ($0.21) EPS. CONSOL Energy’s revenue was up 202.8% compared to the same quarter last year. Analysts anticipate that CONSOL Energy Inc. will post $0.53 EPS for the current year.
In related news, Director J. Palmer Clarkson purchased 10,000 shares of CONSOL Energy stock in a transaction on Thursday, August 3rd. The stock was purchased at an average cost of $15.40 per share, with a total value of $154,000.00. The acquisition was disclosed in a filing with the SEC, which is available through the SEC website. Company insiders own 1.50% of the company’s stock.
CONSOL Energy Inc (CONSOL Energy) is an integrated energy company. The Company’s divisions include Exploration and Production (E&P), Pennsylvania (PA) Mining Operations and Other. The E&P division operates through four segments: Marcellus Shale, Utica Shale, Coalbed Methane (CBM) and Other Gas, which produce pipeline quality natural gas for sale primarily to gas wholesalers.
Receive News & Ratings for CONSOL Energy Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for CONSOL Energy Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.