Weekly Research Analysts’ Ratings Updates for Ryder System (R)
A number of firms have modified their ratings and price targets on shares of Ryder System (NYSE: R) recently:
- 10/10/2017 – Ryder System had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Aegis. They now have a $91.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $84.00.
- 10/2/2017 – Ryder System had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Robert W. Baird. They now have a $98.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $84.00.
- 10/2/2017 – Ryder System was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 9/26/2017 – Ryder System was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $92.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Shares of Ryder have outperformed the industry it belongs to in the last six months. Ryder has been making efforts to grow its lease fleet. Morever, the company's growth in ChoiceLease revenues is driving growth at its primary division – Fleet Management Solutions. Its efforts to reward shareholders are also encouraging. Ryder continues to boost shareholders wealth by paying uninterrupted dividend for more than 40 years. In 2016, Ryder System hiked its quarterly cash dividend by 7.3% to 44 cents per share. Also, its strong customer base augurs well. However, softness pertaining to commercial rental demand are hurting overall results.”
- 9/13/2017 – Ryder System was upgraded by analysts at KeyCorp from a “sector weight” rating to an “overweight” rating.
- 9/5/2017 – Ryder System had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus. They now have a $68.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/1/2017 – Ryder System was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 8/21/2017 – Ryder System is now covered by analysts at Buckingham Research. They set a “buy” rating and a $85.00 price target on the stock.
Ryder System, Inc. (R) opened at 83.42 on Thursday. The firm has a 50 day moving average of $80.35 and a 200-day moving average of $73.19. The firm has a market cap of $4.42 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 20.09 and a beta of 1.41. Ryder System, Inc. has a one year low of $62.03 and a one year high of $85.50.
Ryder System (NYSE:R) last released its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, July 26th. The transportation company reported $1.00 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $0.93 by $0.07. The firm had revenue of $1.79 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $1.76 billion. Ryder System had a net margin of 2.86% and a return on equity of 9.80%. The company’s revenue for the quarter was up 5.3% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the prior year, the business earned $1.56 EPS. Equities research analysts forecast that Ryder System, Inc. will post $4.45 EPS for the current fiscal year.
The business also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Friday, December 15th. Shareholders of record on Monday, November 20th will be paid a $0.46 dividend. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Friday, November 17th. This represents a $1.84 annualized dividend and a yield of 2.21%. Ryder System’s dividend payout ratio is presently 44.12%.
In other news, CEO Robert E. Sanchez sold 26,275 shares of the stock in a transaction on Friday, August 4th. The shares were sold at an average price of $72.43, for a total transaction of $1,903,098.25. Following the transaction, the chief executive officer now owns 107,237 shares in the company, valued at approximately $7,767,175.91. The sale was disclosed in a document filed with the SEC, which is accessible through the SEC website. Also, insider Dennis C. Cooke sold 9,650 shares of the stock in a transaction on Monday, July 31st. The stock was sold at an average price of $72.75, for a total transaction of $702,037.50. Following the transaction, the insider now owns 2,883 shares in the company, valued at approximately $209,738.25. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. In the last quarter, insiders sold 40,427 shares of company stock worth $2,933,827. Company insiders own 1.95% of the company’s stock.
Ryder System, Inc is engaged in offering transportation and supply chain management solutions. The Company operates through three segments: Fleet Management Solutions (FMS), which provides leasing, commercial rental, contract maintenance, and contract-related maintenance of trucks, tractors and trailers to customers principally in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom; Dedicated Transportation Solutions (DTS), which provides vehicles and drivers as part of a dedicated transportation solution in the United States, and Supply Chain Solutions (SCS), which provides supply chain solutions, including distribution and transportation services in North America and Asia.
Receive News & Ratings for Ryder System Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Ryder System Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.