Analysts’ Recent Ratings Updates for Saia (SAIA)
A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Saia (NASDAQ: SAIA):
- 10/12/2017 – Saia had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cowen and Company. They now have a $55.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/6/2017 – Saia was downgraded by analysts at Wolfe Research from an “outperform” rating to a “market perform” rating.
- 10/5/2017 – Saia had its price target raised by analysts at Morgan Stanley from $32.00 to $34.00. They now have an “equal weight” rating on the stock.
- 10/2/2017 – Saia was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 9/21/2017 – Saia had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus. They now have a $53.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/20/2017 – Saia was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “SCS Trans Inc is a leading transportation company that provides a variety of trucking transportation and supply chain solutions to a broad range of industries, including the retail, petrochemical and manufacturing industries. We serve a wide variety of customers by offering regional, interregional and national LTL services and selected TL services across the United States.Saia customers can choose from a wide variety of service options including overnight and second-day regional LTL shipping and a guaranteed/expedited delivery “
- 9/8/2017 – Saia had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cowen and Company. They now have a $55.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/1/2017 – Saia was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
Saia (NASDAQ:SAIA) last announced its quarterly earnings results on Friday, July 28th. The transportation company reported $0.68 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the consensus estimate of $0.62 by $0.06. Saia had a return on equity of 10.84% and a net margin of 4.12%. The company had revenue of $358.20 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $348.53 million. During the same period in the prior year, the company earned $0.52 earnings per share. The company’s revenue for the quarter was up 14.8% compared to the same quarter last year.
In other Saia news, Director Herbert A. Trucksess III sold 30,000 shares of the stock in a transaction dated Tuesday, August 1st. The stock was sold at an average price of $54.09, for a total value of $1,622,700.00. Following the completion of the sale, the director now directly owns 183,442 shares in the company, valued at $9,922,377.78. The sale was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which can be accessed through this hyperlink. Also, Director Douglas Wayne Rockel sold 3,112 shares of the stock in a transaction dated Wednesday, August 2nd. The stock was sold at an average price of $53.70, for a total value of $167,114.40. Following the completion of the sale, the director now owns 7,314 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $392,761.80. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders sold 74,576 shares of company stock valued at $4,053,452 over the last 90 days. Corporate insiders own 1.50% of the company’s stock.
Saia, Inc is a transportation company. The Company provides regional and interregional less-than-truckload (LTL) services. The Company also offers a range of other value-added services, including non-asset truckload, expedited and logistics services across the United States. The Company’s subsidiary Saia Motor Freight Line, LLC (Saia LTL Freight) is a LTL carrier.
Receive News & Ratings for Saia Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Saia Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.