Research Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Updates for Swift Transportation (KNX)
Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Swift Transportation (NYSE: KNX):
- 10/12/2017 – Swift Transportation is now covered by analysts at J P Morgan Chase & Co. They set a “neutral” rating and a $39.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/2/2017 – Swift Transportation was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 10/2/2017 – Swift Transportation had its price target raised by analysts at Barclays PLC from $33.00 to $37.00. They now have an “underweight” rating on the stock.
- 9/29/2017 – Swift Transportation had its price target raised by analysts at UBS AG from $43.00 to $53.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 9/21/2017 – Swift Transportation had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Seaport Global Securities.
- 9/19/2017 – Swift Transportation is now covered by analysts at Citigroup Inc.. They set a “buy” rating and a $48.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/12/2017 – Swift Transportation was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 8/21/2017 – Swift Transportation is now covered by analysts at Buckingham Research. They set a “buy” rating and a $43.00 price target on the stock.
Swift Transportation (NYSE:KNX) last posted its earnings results on Wednesday, July 26th. The transportation company reported $0.25 EPS for the quarter, hitting the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $0.25. The business had revenue of $273.20 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $283.88 million. Swift Transportation had a return on equity of 22.23% and a net margin of 2.99%. Swift Transportation’s revenue was down 1.1% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter last year, the company earned $0.31 EPS.
The business also recently announced a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Friday, September 29th. Investors of record on Friday, September 1st were given a dividend of $0.06 per share. The ex-dividend date was Wednesday, August 30th. This represents a $0.24 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 0.59%.
In related news, General Counsel Todd F. Carlson sold 3,000 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction on Monday, August 14th. The stock was sold at an average price of $37.86, for a total transaction of $113,580.00. Following the completion of the sale, the general counsel now directly owns 23,638 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $894,934.68. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available at the SEC website. Also, Director G D. Madden sold 1,875 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction on Monday, August 7th. The shares were sold at an average price of $36.52, for a total value of $68,475.00. Following the sale, the director now directly owns 56,011 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $2,045,521.72. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. 9.90% of the stock is owned by company insiders.
Knight Transportation, Inc is a provider of multiple truckload transportation and logistics services, which involve the movement of trailer or container loads of freight from origin to destination for a single customer. The Company operates through two segments: Trucking and Logistics. Its Trucking segment consists of three operating units: dry van truckload, temperature-controlled truckload and drayage services.
Receive News & Ratings for Swift Transportation Company Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Swift Transportation Company and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.