Research Analysts’ Recent Ratings Changes for WPX Energy (WPX)
WPX Energy (NYSE: WPX) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 10/16/2017 – WPX Energy is now covered by analysts at Bank of America Corp. They set a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 10/13/2017 – WPX Energy had its price target raised by analysts at Citigroup Inc. from $12.00 to $13.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 10/12/2017 – WPX Energy was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $12.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Shares of WPX Energy have gained higher the industry in last three months. WPX Energy continues to work on its strategy of increasing oil production, which is evident from the rising liquid mix in total production. The two acquisitions closed in Delaware Basin during the first quarter will help the company further increase its oil production. We believe WPX Energy's exposure in the Delaware, Williston and San Juan basins will enable it to achieve its goal of 40% higher oil generation in 2017 from 2016 levels. However, the competitive energy space, volatility in crude oil prices, stringent regulations and dependence on third parties to market their products are headwinds.”
- 10/10/2017 – WPX Energy was given a new $14.00 price target on by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 10/9/2017 – WPX Energy had its “sell” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Seaport Global Securities. They now have a $8.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $7.00.
- 10/5/2017 – WPX Energy was given a new $17.00 price target on by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 9/18/2017 – WPX Energy had its price target lowered by analysts at Piper Jaffray Companies from $15.00 to $12.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 8/28/2017 – WPX Energy was given a new $13.00 price target on by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 8/26/2017 – WPX Energy was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 8/24/2017 – WPX Energy had its “overweight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at J P Morgan Chase & Co. They now have a $17.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $16.00.
- 8/21/2017 – WPX Energy was given a new $20.00 price target on by analysts at Northland Securities. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
WPX Energy, Inc. (WPX) opened at 10.90 on Tuesday. The company’s market capitalization is $4.34 billion. The firm’s 50-day moving average price is $10.72 and its 200-day moving average price is $10.87. WPX Energy, Inc. has a 52 week low of $8.39 and a 52 week high of $16.17.
WPX Energy (NYSE:WPX) last issued its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, August 2nd. The oil and gas producer reported ($0.14) earnings per share for the quarter, beating analysts’ consensus estimates of ($0.16) by $0.02. The business had revenue of $413.00 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $301.78 million. WPX Energy had a negative net margin of 18.38% and a negative return on equity of 5.99%. WPX Energy’s revenue for the quarter was up 199.3% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter last year, the business posted ($0.28) earnings per share. On average, equities analysts expect that WPX Energy, Inc. will post ($0.50) earnings per share for the current year.
In other WPX Energy news, insider Clay M. Gaspar sold 35,000 shares of WPX Energy stock in a transaction on Friday, September 15th. The shares were sold at an average price of $10.48, for a total transaction of $366,800.00. Following the completion of the sale, the insider now owns 506,326 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $5,306,296.48. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available through this hyperlink. 1.40% of the stock is currently owned by insiders.
WPX Energy, Inc is an oil and natural gas exploration and production company. The Company is engaged in the exploitation and development of unconventional properties. It operates in the exploration and production segment of the oil and gas industry and its operations are conducted in the United States.
Receive News & Ratings for WPX Energy Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for WPX Energy Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.