Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (AJG) – Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Updates
A number of firms have modified their ratings and price targets on shares of Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (NYSE: AJG) recently:
- 10/16/2017 – Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. had its price target raised by analysts at Barclays PLC from $68.00 to $70.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 10/10/2017 – Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada. They now have a $59.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/4/2017 – Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. was downgraded by analysts at Deutsche Bank AG from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a $64.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/2/2017 – Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Shares of Arthur J. Gallagher have underperformed the industry year to date. Escalating expenses and weak commercial P&C rates pose concerns. Adverse foreign exchange also will weigh on results. Nonetheless, Arthur J. Gallagher’s inorganic story seems impressive with strategic buyouts. It is pursuing acquisitions in the retail employee benefits brokerage and wholesale brokerage areas and intends to pursue smaller tuck-in mergers in 2017. The company has witnessed positive organic growth for 23 straight quarters. It remains focused on tapping opportunities in the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the U.S. Contribution from international operations is expected to increase. The company remains focused on enhancing productivity and quality that is a part of its value creation strategy. A solid performance is leading to sufficient cash flows help it deploy capital in shareholder-friendly moves.”
- 9/17/2017 – Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Wells Fargo & Company. They now have a $66.00 price target on the stock.
Shares of Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (NYSE:AJG) opened at 61.88 on Wednesday. The company has a market cap of $11.15 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 24.95 and a beta of 1.21. The stock’s 50 day moving average is $60.36 and its 200-day moving average is $57.96. Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. has a 52 week low of $47.16 and a 52 week high of $62.36.
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (NYSE:AJG) last issued its earnings results on Thursday, July 27th. The financial services provider reported $1.03 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $1.02 by $0.01. Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. had a net margin of 7.62% and a return on equity of 13.68%. The company had revenue of $1.56 billion for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $1.54 billion. During the same period in the prior year, the business earned $0.96 EPS. The firm’s quarterly revenue was up 9.6% on a year-over-year basis. On average, equities analysts anticipate that Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. will post $3.00 earnings per share for the current year.
In other Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. news, insider Susan E. Pietrucha sold 6,932 shares of the stock in a transaction dated Tuesday, August 1st. The shares were sold at an average price of $59.28, for a total transaction of $410,928.96. Following the transaction, the insider now directly owns 3,253 shares in the company, valued at approximately $192,837.84. The sale was disclosed in a document filed with the SEC, which can be accessed through this hyperlink. Also, insider Susan E. Pietrucha sold 3,601 shares of the stock in a transaction dated Thursday, August 31st. The stock was sold at an average price of $57.78, for a total transaction of $208,065.78. Following the transaction, the insider now owns 4,055 shares in the company, valued at $234,297.90. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Over the last quarter, insiders have sold 30,500 shares of company stock worth $1,804,115. 1.60% of the stock is owned by company insiders.
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co and its subsidiaries are engaged in providing insurance brokerage and consulting services, and third-party claims settlement and administration services to both domestic and international entities. The Company operates through three segments: brokerage, risk management and corporate.
Receive News & Ratings for Arthur J Gallagher & Co Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Arthur J Gallagher & Co and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.