Investment Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Changes for D/B/A Chubb Limited New (CB)
Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of D/B/A Chubb Limited New (NYSE: CB) in the last few weeks:
- 10/10/2017 – D/B/A Chubb Limited New was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 10/2/2017 – D/B/A Chubb Limited New was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Shares of Chubb underperformed the industry, year to date. Exposure to cat loss and escalating expenses raise concerns for Chubb. Recently, the company projected $520 million cat loss from Hurricanes Harvey and between $640 million and $760 million from Irma. This will weigh on underwriting profitability in the third quarter. Estimates moved south over the last 30 days. Nonetheless, Chubb stands a good chance of taking leadership in the P&C space, benefiting from complementary products and services. Its inorganic growth story is impressive and should help it achieve higher long-term ROE. A strong capital position helped Chubb engage in shareholder-friendly moves and invest in strategic initiatives to drive growth. Notably, the company is on track to achieve annual run-rate integration-related savings of $875 million (up from $800 million as guided earlier) by the end of 2018.”
- 9/28/2017 – D/B/A Chubb Limited New had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Wells Fargo & Company. They now have a $164.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/28/2017 – D/B/A Chubb Limited New had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Keefe, Bruyette & Woods. They now have a $153.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/19/2017 – D/B/A Chubb Limited New had its price target lowered by analysts at UBS AG from $161.00 to $160.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 8/29/2017 – D/B/A Chubb Limited New had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Keefe, Bruyette & Woods. They now have a $155.00 price target on the stock.
Shares of D/B/A Chubb Limited New (NYSE CB) traded up 0.45% during trading on Wednesday, hitting $150.75. The company had a trading volume of 419,155 shares. D/B/A Chubb Limited New has a 52-week low of $121.48 and a 52-week high of $150.77. The firm has a market capitalization of $70.22 billion, a P/E ratio of 17.00 and a beta of 0.92. The stock’s 50-day moving average is $143.28 and its 200 day moving average is $142.90.
D/B/A Chubb Limited New (NYSE:CB) last posted its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, July 25th. The financial services provider reported $2.50 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the consensus estimate of $2.49 by $0.01. The firm had revenue of $7.58 billion during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $7.06 billion. D/B/A Chubb Limited New had a net margin of 16.68% and a return on equity of 10.18%. The firm’s revenue for the quarter was down .8% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the prior year, the company posted $2.25 earnings per share. Equities research analysts predict that D/B/A Chubb Limited New will post $7.36 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
The company also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Friday, October 20th. Investors of record on Friday, September 29th will be issued a dividend of $0.71 per share. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Thursday, September 28th. This represents a $2.84 annualized dividend and a yield of 1.89%. D/B/A Chubb Limited New’s dividend payout ratio is currently 24.98%.
In other D/B/A Chubb Limited New news, insider Timothy Alan Boroughs sold 15,555 shares of the stock in a transaction dated Monday, July 31st. The shares were sold at an average price of $146.52, for a total value of $2,279,118.60. Following the completion of the transaction, the insider now directly owns 198,109 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $29,026,930.68. The sale was disclosed in a filing with the SEC, which is available at this link. Also, insider Philip V. Bancroft sold 47,049 shares of the stock in a transaction dated Wednesday, August 9th. The shares were sold at an average price of $148.86, for a total transaction of $7,003,714.14. Following the completion of the transaction, the insider now directly owns 344,560 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $51,291,201.60. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders have sold 67,604 shares of company stock valued at $10,031,383 over the last three months. 0.43% of the stock is currently owned by corporate insiders.
Chubb Limited is a holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, provides a range of insurance and reinsurance products and services to clients around the world. Its segments include North America Commercial property and casualty (P&C) Insurance, North America Personal P&C Insurance, North America Agricultural Insurance, Overseas General Insurance, Global Reinsurance and Life Insurance.
Receive News & Ratings for D/B/A Chubb Limited New Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for D/B/A Chubb Limited New and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.