Recent Research Analysts’ Ratings Updates for Stryker Corporation (SYK)
A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Stryker Corporation (NYSE: SYK):
- 10/16/2017 – Stryker Corporation was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Stryker announced the voluntary product recall of the Oral Care lineup recently. The recall is likely to adversely impact the company’s sales and operating income. Moreover, volatility in foreign currency exchange is likely to impede revenue growth. Stryker also faces supply-side headwinds and has been grappling with issues in the spine business for long. On a positive note, Stryker exited the second quarter on a solid note, beating the Zacks Consensus Estimate on both counts. Solid performance in the MAKO platform drove revenues. An upbeat guidance for the full year instills investor confidence on the stock. Stryker has a diversified product portfolio. Continued strong demand for hemorrhagic and ischemic stroke products and neuro-powered instruments boosted sales in the neurotechnology segment. Stryker has had an impressive run on the bourse over the last year, trading above the broader industry.”
- 10/6/2017 – Stryker Corporation was given a new $160.00 price target on by analysts at Cowen and Company. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 10/2/2017 – Stryker Corporation had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at SunTrust Banks, Inc.. They now have a $161.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/2/2017 – Stryker Corporation had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada. They now have a $155.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/1/2017 – Stryker Corporation had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada. They now have a $155.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/29/2017 – Stryker Corporation had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Argus. They now have a $160.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/26/2017 – Stryker Corporation was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 8/25/2017 – Stryker Corporation was upgraded by analysts at Needham & Company LLC from an “underperform” rating to a “hold” rating. They wrote, “We are upgrading SYK shares to Hold from Underperform since our thesis is not playing out as expected. SYK also announced a voluntary product recall and ship hold in its Sage Products business earlier this week. The recall was due to a cross-contamination issue with its Oral Care products and the ship hold was due to a new test required by the FDA.””
- 8/24/2017 – Stryker Corporation had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Canaccord Genuity. They now have a $155.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $158.00.
- 8/24/2017 – Stryker Corporation had its “overweight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Piper Jaffray Companies. They now have a $148.00 price target on the stock.
Shares of Stryker Corporation (NYSE:SYK) opened at 150.49 on Monday. The company has a 50-day moving average price of $144.25 and a 200-day moving average price of $141.08. The stock has a market capitalization of $56.29 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 33.59 and a beta of 0.80. Stryker Corporation has a 52-week low of $106.48 and a 52-week high of $150.51.
Stryker Corporation (NYSE:SYK) last announced its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, July 27th. The medical technology company reported $1.53 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $1.51 by $0.02. The business had revenue of $3.01 billion during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $2.98 billion. Stryker Corporation had a return on equity of 24.26% and a net margin of 14.22%. The firm’s quarterly revenue was up 6.1% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the previous year, the business earned $1.39 earnings per share. On average, equities analysts anticipate that Stryker Corporation will post $6.45 earnings per share for the current year.
The business also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Tuesday, October 31st. Shareholders of record on Friday, September 29th will be paid a dividend of $0.425 per share. This represents a $1.70 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 1.13%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Thursday, September 28th. Stryker Corporation’s payout ratio is 37.95%.
In other news, insider Graham A. Mclean sold 1,124 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction on Tuesday, August 8th. The stock was sold at an average price of $146.26, for a total value of $164,396.24. Following the completion of the transaction, the insider now owns 8,983 shares in the company, valued at $1,313,853.58. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which can be accessed through the SEC website. Also, insider Lonny J. Carpenter sold 5,000 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction on Friday, August 4th. The stock was sold at an average price of $146.36, for a total value of $731,800.00. Following the completion of the transaction, the insider now owns 88,207 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $12,909,976.52. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. 7.40% of the stock is currently owned by insiders.
Stryker Corporation is a medical technology company. The Company offers a range of medical technologies, including orthopedic, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products. The Company’s segments include Orthopaedics; MedSurg; Neurotechnology and Spine, and Corporate and Other. The Orthopaedics segment includes reconstructive (hip and knee) and trauma implant systems and other related products.
Receive News & Ratings for Stryker Corporation Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Stryker Corporation and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.