Weekly Investment Analysts’ Ratings Updates for Synopsys (SNPS)
Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Synopsys (NASDAQ: SNPS):
- 12/4/2017 – Synopsys was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “strong sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Synopsys is a vendor of electronic design automation (EDA) software to the semiconductor and electronics industries. Though the company’s 4Q17 top and bottom lines both came ahead of the respective estimates and marked year-over-year improvement as well, its escalating costs and expenses, which are thwarting margins, make us increasingly cautious about its near-term profitability. Moreover, its non-GAAP earnings projection for FY18 was also disappointing as it fell short of the Zacks Consensus Estimate. Furthermore, competition from peers, a challenging technology-spending environment and uncertainty surrounding the exact time of realizing acquisition synergies keep us cautious. Nonetheless, we believe the company’s continued focus on rolling out products, acquisitions and deal wins will boost results over the long run. Shares of Synopsys have outperformed the industry in the YTD period.”
- 12/1/2017 – Synopsys had its price target raised by analysts at Needham & Company LLC from $83.00 to $100.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 11/30/2017 – Synopsys had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada. They now have a $120.00 price target on the stock.
- 11/30/2017 – Synopsys had its “overweight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at KeyCorp. They now have a $106.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $86.00.
- 11/30/2017 – Synopsys had its price target raised by analysts at Needham & Company LLC from $83.00 to $100.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 11/29/2017 – Synopsys was downgraded by analysts at TheStreet from an “a” rating to a “c+” rating.
- 11/28/2017 – Synopsys had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at DA Davidson. They now have a $105.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $91.00.
- 11/22/2017 – Synopsys had its price target raised by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada from $100.00 to $110.00. They now have a “top pick” rating on the stock.
- 10/25/2017 – Synopsys was upgraded by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada from an “outperform” rating to a “top pick” rating. They now have a $100.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $90.00.
Shares of Synopsys, Inc. (SNPS) traded down $0.38 during midday trading on Wednesday, hitting $87.34. 1,140,800 shares of the company traded hands, compared to its average volume of 1,058,042. The company has a current ratio of 1.04, a quick ratio of 1.07 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.04. The stock has a market capitalization of $13,197.04, a P/E ratio of 71.90, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 4.00 and a beta of 1.01. Synopsys, Inc. has a 12 month low of $57.80 and a 12 month high of $94.80.
Synopsys (NASDAQ:SNPS) last announced its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, November 29th. The semiconductor company reported $0.69 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $0.57 by $0.12. The company had revenue of $696.60 million for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $650.72 million. Synopsys had a net margin of 5.01% and a return on equity of 5.78%. Synopsys’s revenue was up 9.9% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the previous year, the business posted $0.77 EPS. equities analysts predict that Synopsys, Inc. will post 2.41 EPS for the current year.
Synopsys, Inc provides software, intellectual property (IP) and services. The Company supplies the electronic design automation (EDA) software that engineers use to design and test integrated circuits, also known as chips. It also offers IP products, which are pre-designed circuits that engineers use as components of larger chip designs rather than designing those circuits themselves.
Receive News & Ratings for Synopsys Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Synopsys Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.