Recent Research Analysts’ Ratings Updates for Smart (SFS)
A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Smart (NYSE: SFS):
- 12/5/2017 – Smart was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 12/5/2017 – Smart is now covered by analysts at J P Morgan Chase & Co. They set a “neutral” rating and a $9.00 price target on the stock.
- 11/21/2017 – Smart was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Smart & Final Stores, Inc. is a value-oriented food and everyday staples retailer that serves household and business customers. It operates grocery and foodservice stores under the Smart & Final, Smart & Final Extra! and Cash & Carry Smart Foodservice banners in California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Nevada, Idaho. The Company’s stores offer various products, including basic grocery, produce, dairy, meat, beverage, foodservice, packaging, and janitorial items. Smart & Final Stores, Inc. is headquartered in Los Angeles. “
- 11/17/2017 – Smart was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 11/16/2017 – Smart had its price target lowered by analysts at Morgan Stanley from $7.50 to $7.00. They now have an “underweight” rating on the stock.
- 11/16/2017 – Smart had its price target lowered by analysts at Deutsche Bank AG from $12.00 to $10.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 11/16/2017 – Smart had its price target lowered by analysts at Loop Capital from $15.00 to $11.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 11/3/2017 – Smart is now covered by analysts at Wells Fargo & Company. They set an “outperform” rating and a $9.00 price target on the stock.
Shares of Smart (NYSE:SFS) opened at $8.80 on Thursday. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 1.11, a current ratio of 0.92 and a quick ratio of 0.29. Smart has a 1 year low of $5.80 and a 1 year high of $15.45. The company has a market cap of $644.41, a price-to-earnings ratio of 31.43, a P/E/G ratio of 4.85 and a beta of 0.62.
In other Smart news, VP Eleanor Hong sold 6,400 shares of the stock in a transaction dated Tuesday, November 21st. The stock was sold at an average price of $8.00, for a total transaction of $51,200.00. Following the completion of the transaction, the vice president now owns 59,922 shares in the company, valued at approximately $479,376. The transaction was disclosed in a filing with the SEC, which is available through the SEC website. Also, SVP Michael A. Mortensen sold 9,652 shares of the stock in a transaction dated Friday, December 1st. The stock was sold at an average price of $8.86, for a total value of $85,516.72. Following the transaction, the senior vice president now owns 30,863 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $273,446.18. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. In the last quarter, insiders have sold 109,500 shares of company stock valued at $836,611. Corporate insiders own 8.47% of the company’s stock.
Smart & Final Stores, Inc is a food retailer. The Company is engaged in the business of selling fresh perishables and everyday grocery items, together with foodservice, packaging and janitorial products. The Company operates through two segments: Smart & Final, and Cash and Carry. The Smart & Final segment focuses on both household and business customers.
Receive News & Ratings for Smart Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Smart and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.