A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Costco Wholesale (NASDAQ: COST):
- 12/14/2017 – Costco Wholesale had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC.
- 12/4/2017 – Costco Wholesale is now covered by analysts at Moffett Nathanson. They set a “buy” rating on the stock. < <
- 12/4/2017 – Costco Wholesale had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at J P Morgan Chase & Co. They now have a $200.00 price target on the stock.
- 12/1/2017 – Costco Wholesale was downgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. They now have a $175.44 price target on the stock.
- 11/30/2017 – Costco Wholesale had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Oppenheimer Holdings Inc..
- 11/30/2017 – Costco Wholesale had its price target raised by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus from $179.00 to $185.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 11/22/2017 – Costco Wholesale had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Guggenheim.
- 11/17/2017 – Costco Wholesale had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Robert W. Baird.
- 11/6/2017 – Costco Wholesale was downgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a $171.07 price target on the stock.
- 10/20/2017 – Costco Wholesale had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Oppenheimer Holdings Inc..
Costco Wholesale Co. (NASDAQ:COST) opened at $186.53 on Friday. The company has a market cap of $82,285.14, a P/E ratio of 32.35, a PEG ratio of 3.06 and a beta of 0.98. Costco Wholesale Co. has a 1 year low of $150.00 and a 1 year high of $191.22. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.59, a quick ratio of 0.43 and a current ratio of 0.99.
Costco Wholesale (NASDAQ:COST) last issued its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, December 14th. The retailer reported $1.45 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $1.35 by $0.10. The company had revenue of $31.81 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $31.01 billion. Costco Wholesale had a net margin of 2.08% and a return on equity of 22.21%. Costco Wholesale’s revenue was up 13.2% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period last year, the company posted $1.24 earnings per share. research analysts anticipate that Costco Wholesale Co. will post 6.48 EPS for the current year.
In other Costco Wholesale news, Director John W. Meisenbach sold 1,000 shares of Costco Wholesale stock in a transaction on Monday, October 2nd. The shares were sold at an average price of $164.92, for a total value of $164,920.00. Following the transaction, the director now directly owns 6,974 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $1,150,152.08. The transaction was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available through the SEC website. Also, CFO Richard A. Galanti sold 3,000 shares of Costco Wholesale stock in a transaction on Friday, November 10th. The stock was sold at an average price of $170.95, for a total transaction of $512,850.00. Following the completion of the transaction, the chief financial officer now directly owns 35,225 shares in the company, valued at $6,021,713.75. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Over the last three months, insiders have sold 32,842 shares of company stock worth $5,520,848. 0.74% of the stock is currently owned by corporate insiders.
Costco Wholesale Corporation is engaged in the operation of membership warehouses in the United States and Puerto Rico, Canada, the United Kingdom, Mexico, Japan, Australia, Spain, and through its subsidiaries in Taiwan and Korea. As of August 28, 2016, the Company operated 715 warehouses across the world.
Receive News & Ratings for Costco Wholesale Co Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Costco Wholesale Co and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.