Verizon Communications (VZ) – Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Updates
A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ):
- 12/14/2017 – Verizon Communications was downgraded by analysts at HSBC Holdings plc from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a $42.80 price target on the stock, down previously from $54.83. They noted that the move was a valuation call. They noted that the move was a valuation call.
- 12/12/2017 – Verizon Communications had its price target raised by analysts at Instinet from $47.00 to $61.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 12/12/2017 – Verizon Communications was upgraded by analysts at Nomura from a “neutral” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $61.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $47.00.
- 12/1/2017 – Verizon Communications was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 11/20/2017 – Verizon Communications was upgraded by analysts at Wells Fargo & Company from a “market perform” rating to an “outperform” rating. They now have a $50.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/23/2017 – Verizon Communications was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 10/22/2017 – Verizon Communications had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Macquarie. They now have a $52.00 price target on the stock. They wrote, “We model 4Q/’18 postpaid net adds of 711k/1.6m driven by churn of 1.04%/1.03%. We expect continued pressure on postpaid ARPA through 4Q, but at a lesser magnitude of decline. 5G is a priority as management believes the standards will be set by year-end. Verizon used proceeds from its wireline/data center sales to invest in mmWave spectrum/fiber assets, while partnerships with Ericsson, Samsung, Qualcomm, and Intel are also bearing fruit. Data around its 5G trials in 11 markets should come in 4Q, but its goal of launching a fixed wireless offering in ’18 remains. Ahead of the ‘18/’19 auction, we expect Verizon will continue to secure spectrum/fiber assets. #2 Net video losses of 18k stemmed from competitive pressures and a continued shift to traditional linear/OTT.””
- 10/21/2017 – Verizon Communications had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at KeyCorp.
- 10/20/2017 – Verizon Communications was given a new $52.00 price target on by analysts at Bank of America Corp. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 10/20/2017 – Verizon Communications had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at SunTrust Banks, Inc.. They now have a $50.00 price target on the stock.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ) opened at $52.34 on Friday. The firm has a market cap of $217,060.94, a price-to-earnings ratio of 14.19, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 5.00 and a beta of 0.57. The company has a current ratio of 1.07, a quick ratio of 1.02 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 4.05. Verizon Communications Inc. has a 52-week low of $42.80 and a 52-week high of $54.83.
Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) last posted its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, October 19th. The cell phone carrier reported $0.98 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, hitting the consensus estimate of $0.98. Verizon Communications had a net margin of 12.80% and a return on equity of 58.66%. The company had revenue of $31.70 billion for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $31.45 billion. During the same quarter in the previous year, the firm posted $1.01 EPS. The business’s revenue was up 2.5% compared to the same quarter last year. equities analysts expect that Verizon Communications Inc. will post 3.77 earnings per share for the current year.
In related news, EVP Craig L. Silliman sold 610 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction dated Friday, October 27th. The shares were sold at an average price of $48.62, for a total value of $29,658.20. Following the sale, the executive vice president now owns 5,989 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $291,185.18. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which is accessible through this hyperlink. In the last 90 days, insiders have sold 1,830 shares of company stock worth $88,609. Insiders own 0.13% of the company’s stock.
Verizon Communications Inc is a holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, provides communications, information and entertainment products and services to consumers, businesses and governmental agencies. Its segments include Wireless and Wireline. The Wireless segment offers communications products and services, including wireless voice and data services and equipment sales, to consumer, business and government customers across the United States.
Receive News & Ratings for Verizon Communications Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Verizon Communications Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.