Investment Analysts’ Recent Ratings Changes for Intercept Pharmaceuticals (ICPT)
A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Intercept Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ICPT):
- 12/12/2017 – Intercept Pharmaceuticals is now covered by analysts at Deutsche Bank AG. They set a “buy” rating and a $106.00 price target on the stock.
- 12/7/2017 – Intercept Pharmaceuticals was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 12/1/2017 – Intercept Pharmaceuticals was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “strong sell” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 11/28/2017 – Intercept Pharmaceuticals had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Leerink Swann. They now have a $60.00 price target on the stock.
- 11/20/2017 – Intercept Pharmaceuticals had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Wedbush. They now have a $253.00 price target on the stock.
- 11/1/2017 – Intercept Pharmaceuticals had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Needham & Company LLC. They wrote, “Intercept reported $40.9M in WW 3Q17 Ocaliva sales, with $4.1M attributed to one-time accounting adjustment. Excluding adjustment, WW and U.S. Ocaliva sales were $36.8M and $32.5M, respectively, both in-line with our and consensus $36M and $33M ests. Company has completed safety review w/ independent committee and discussions w/ FDA are underway. Changes to U.S. label are expected by early 1Q18. Safety concerns appear to have had modest impact on NRX since FDA letter and we have reduced our ests accordingly. Long-term sales in PBC may be negatively impacted by large number of competing programs in development. Maintain HOLD.””
- 11/1/2017 – Intercept Pharmaceuticals had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cowen Inc. They now have a $112.00 price target on the stock.
- 11/1/2017 – Intercept Pharmaceuticals was upgraded by analysts at Cantor Fitzgerald from an “underweight” rating to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $69.00 price target on the stock. They wrote, “Emerging Safety Risks, but PBC Remains Intact. This morning, Intercept reported results demonstrating 3Q17 revenue growth to $36.8 million (excl. $4.1 million one-time increase in deferred revenue) from $31 million in 2Q17. While the FDA warning letter at the end of the quarter potentially shifts the risk-benefit profile of Ocaliva, an analysis of drug scripts provided by Intercept indicates that the sharp drop in scripts around the time of the news has since abated. Net ex-U.S 3Q17 sales increased to $4.7 million from $2.5 million in 2Q17 during the quarter, largely contributed from Germany and France. No formal guidance for the full-year was given, but management noted that they expect sequential quarterly growth for the balance of 2017. While we do not see a negative impact to our long-run commercialization in PBC, we believe the safety events reaffirm the uncertainty for Ocaliva’s use in NASH (where dosing is higher).””
- 11/1/2017 – Intercept Pharmaceuticals was upgraded by analysts at Laidlaw from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $90.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/24/2017 – Intercept Pharmaceuticals had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Oppenheimer Holdings Inc..
Intercept Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ ICPT) traded up $0.01 during mid-day trading on Monday, reaching $61.62. 1,238,800 shares of the company’s stock were exchanged, compared to its average volume of 768,930. The company has a quick ratio of 5.95, a current ratio of 5.95 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 3.15. Intercept Pharmaceuticals Inc has a 52 week low of $54.98 and a 52 week high of $135.59.
Intercept Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ICPT) last posted its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, November 1st. The biopharmaceutical company reported ($2.89) EPS for the quarter, beating analysts’ consensus estimates of ($3.48) by $0.59. Intercept Pharmaceuticals had a negative net margin of 344.74% and a negative return on equity of 176.51%. The company had revenue of $41.33 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $36.95 million. During the same period in the prior year, the firm earned ($3.59) earnings per share. The business’s quarterly revenue was up 697.9% on a year-over-year basis. sell-side analysts predict that Intercept Pharmaceuticals Inc will post -13.35 EPS for the current year.
Intercept Pharmaceuticals, Inc is a biopharmaceutical company. The Company is focused on the development and commercialization of therapeutics to treat non-viral, progressive liver diseases. The Company’s product candidates have the potential to treat orphan and more prevalent diseases for which there are limited therapeutic solutions.
Receive News & Ratings for Intercept Pharmaceuticals Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Intercept Pharmaceuticals Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.