M&T Bank (MTB) – Investment Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Updates
Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for M&T Bank (NYSE: MTB):
- 1/2/2018 – M&T Bank had its price target raised by analysts at Barclays PLC from $175.00 to $205.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 12/31/2017 – M&T Bank was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 12/20/2017 – M&T Bank was given a new $180.00 price target on by analysts at Wells Fargo & Co. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 12/14/2017 – M&T Bank had its “equal weight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Morgan Stanley. They now have a $180.00 price target on the stock.
- 12/12/2017 – M&T Bank was upgraded by analysts at UBS Group AG from a “sell” rating to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $173.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $150.00.
Shares of M&T Bank Co. (MTB) opened at $173.11 on Thursday. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.57, a current ratio of 1.05 and a quick ratio of 1.05. The firm has a market cap of $26,060.00, a price-to-earnings ratio of 19.94, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 1.91 and a beta of 0.84. M&T Bank Co. has a one year low of $141.12 and a one year high of $176.62.
M&T Bank (NYSE:MTB) last posted its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, October 18th. The financial services provider reported $2.21 earnings per share for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of $2.40 by ($0.19). The business had revenue of $1.42 billion during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $1.43 billion. M&T Bank had a return on equity of 9.52% and a net margin of 23.97%. During the same period in the prior year, the firm earned $2.10 earnings per share. equities analysts anticipate that M&T Bank Co. will post 9.1 EPS for the current fiscal year.
In other M&T Bank news, Director Gary N. Geisel sold 1,046 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction on Friday, December 15th. The shares were sold at an average price of $170.49, for a total value of $178,332.54. Following the completion of the sale, the director now directly owns 17,586 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $2,998,237.14. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through the SEC website. Also, Director Robert E. Sadler, Jr. sold 1,000 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction dated Tuesday, December 5th. The shares were sold at an average price of $171.19, for a total transaction of $171,190.00. Following the transaction, the director now directly owns 52,049 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $8,910,268.31. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Over the last three months, insiders acquired 241,000 shares of company stock valued at $19,250 and sold 32,128 shares valued at $5,474,208. Insiders own 3.18% of the company’s stock.
M&T Bank Corporation (M&T) is a bank holding company. As of December 31, 2016, M&T had two bank subsidiaries: Manufacturers and Traders Trust Company (M&T Bank) and Wilmington Trust, National Association (Wilmington Trust, N.A.). The Company, along with its subsidiaries, offers a range of retail and commercial banking, trust and wealth management, and investment services.
Receive News & Ratings for M&T Bank Co Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for M&T Bank Co and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.